MBNA have sold my Debt

20 posts Page 2 of 2

aguise

Post by aguise » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:34 pm
We had a card from someone cant remember who but no-one came and I was in.

Ang

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:23 am
caraf -

Just a suggestion - but I would phone the number on the card and make absolutely sure they have the date of your Creditors Meeting AND the details of your I.P. / IVA Company. Was the card from a Debt Collection Agency or direct from MBNA?? These collection companies must know the score - I never received one of these cards - but I am sure they will not waste time sending anyone round to your home when they know your Creditors Meeting is imminent??? Lots of them seem to work weekends so why not give them a ring today??
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:16 am
The card if from a debt collection agency called RMA
53 down 7 to go !!
Cant wait till December 2012

Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:07 am
Caraf - If you are feeling a little fragile don't talk to these guys - they are not known for there tact and diplomacy.

The card threatening a call is one of there main tactics to get contact with you.

Whilst it isn't a pleasant thought remember even if they did call (which I am pretty sure they wont - in fact so sure I will display my bottom in Selfridges window if they do).... there is nothing they can do - firmly tell them that you will not discuss this matter except in writing and ask them to leave.

If you want tell them this through the letter box but really they won't turn up.

If they were seriously going to use this collection technique they wouldn't tell you they were coming.........
Last edited by Storm on Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

caraf

Post by caraf » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:46 pm
Hi
My meeting is on the 27th december. How far in advance did you hear from MBNA to say they had sold your debt ?? I not heard anything yet ??
53 down 7 to go !!
Cant wait till December 2012
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “creditors who voted yes to IVA”