MBNA is suppose to have said this to the Press

8 posts Page 1 of 1

sonyse2t5

Post by sonyse2t5 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:52 pm
I did a search for them on google and found in a website they have said they do not mind people doing DMPs for 10 years to pay them back.

So they would want IVAs only if it takes you more than 10 years to pay back and can offer more than 45p to the £.
Last edited by sonyse2t5 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:17 pm
I don't think so! MBNA will take a commercial decision on all IVA proposals they receive, and decide whether the proposed IVA represents a better return for them than could be envisaged under a DMP. It is widely acknowledged that most DMPs only run for an average of two years in any case, so the optimism of a full 10 year repayment may be unrealistic.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:41 pm
MBNA said yes to my proposal at 36p in the £ minimum. Whilst I was waiting for the IVA to go through they offered me several settlement figures.

Like Melanie says, they will make a commercial decision based on the individual offer.

Regards

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

sonyse2t5

Post by sonyse2t5 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:08 pm
thank you to you both, MBNA is one of my creditors...will know how they will vote next week....

Best regards

DevonLassie

Post by DevonLassie » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Hi Sonyse2t5

I had MBNA as one of my creditors, they voted No but luckily were out voted! Like Dave I received numerous letters from them whilst I was waiting for the IVA to go through, "advising" me that a DMP would be a better option for me and that they would freeze the interest, charges, reduce payments...blah blah blah! If a DMP had been a better option then I would have done that in the first place!

Devonlass

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:31 pm
Being able to pay your debt off in 10 years will not neccesarily preclude you from having MBNA accept an IVA proposal. MBNA will take each case on it's own merits and make a decision this way.

Every creditor would ideally have someone pay all their debts back in time but this is just not practical in every circumstance and creditors are aware of this.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

sonyse2t5

Post by sonyse2t5 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:06 pm
They didn't vote for mine....but they were outflanked by others even if they had.

No doubt they wanted me to do dmp till my next life

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:28 pm
They didn't vote at mine either, despite everything they told me on the phone!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “creditors who voted yes to IVA”