Meeting of creditors

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Louise86

Post by Louise86 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:14 pm
Evening all,just been sent an email with a date for my meeting of creditors.August 16th, so a couple of weeks away yet.
What should I expect to happen on the day?do I need to do anything?I've read that they like you to be available in case you need to answer any questions.Feeling very anxious!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:38 pm
Just, as they say, be available in case there are any queries ( which doesn't often happen ). They should ring you with the result within a couple of hours of the meeting time ( lunch breaks notwithstanding) but often need a little chase !

Try not to get hung up on it ( many of us did LOTS of cleaning around the house leading up to our meetings).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:27 am
That's great news ..not long now until you will be on the road to debt freedom. As foggy says try not to get to anxious over it ... your IP will have put your best offer in for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

IVA info

Post by IVA info » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:07 pm
Your creditors meeting is very important, yes its unlikely to make changes to you, however many are now seeing changes such as increase in the term or payments.

You have the right to be asked this before being accepted and if they do not ask you ( which has been done in the past) then you have a very limited time to object.

Make sure you are available for a call at your meeting and if your IVA gets accepted without your consent but you have modifications that effect you then get back to this post quickly.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA approved!”