Melanie Giles (IP)

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Im in debt

Post by Im in debt » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:59 pm
hi i posted below before and was about to respond to Michael for his helpul comments but it appears to be locked?

Im in debt

1 Posts
Posted - 28 October 2010 : 13:59:52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I am new here so bare with me!
I have £60,000k of debt and am looking for a solution. I am struggling to repay my debt and am getting calls left right centre and diagnolly!

I was looking on here for an IP to use and read the T & C's and it said that the experts could not solicit for work, I presume that this is to remain independent

I was looking at the experts but noticed on Melanie Giles has on her posts something about proposing IVA's for people? It this allowed? Is Melanie a geninue IP? I didnt know if she was someone to use if it says that? Can someone help? Is she geninue, or is this rule breaking allowed?

Sorry for so many questions I am just so confused and want to make the right decision!

Michael Peoples
Forum Expert

4869 Posts
Posted - 28 October 2010 : 14:07:31
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Im In Debt and welcome to the Forum.
Melanie is an excellent IP and you can contact those IPs that post here through links. However, IP firms are not allowed to over-solicit and say things like 'Come to me I am the best'.

The IP firm that post on here do not get paid and if we generate a little work from doing so that is allowable but we are not allowed to aggressively pursue clients or only answer questions that might lead to business.

Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners

If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com/michael-peoples
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”