Melanie Giles

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
13 posts Page 1 of 1

shedfullabeer

Post by shedfullabeer » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 pm
Hi, just signed up this evening

Just wondered who has had an iva with this particular practice and what their experiences are/were, as my first impression isnt that great, been waiting in since 6pm as per the arrangements made thursday to discuss our details (now 10pm and no reply to my contact with them)

Im Sure there is a good reason and dont want to tread on any toes here, just dont like having my time wasted and wondered if i should try elsewhere??.

any recommendations greatley appreciated

Thanks guys

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:15 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Melanie's company has very good reviews and she is a highly thought of IP. It's unusual for something like this to happen and I'm sure she'll pick up on this and be on the case.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:16 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Mel is a fantastic IP who posts on this forum so I can vouch first hand for her common sense and caring approach to ivas. She has helped me a couple of times when I have had questions.

I'm surprised you haven't received a call as planned but knowing the pride Mel and her team take in their work, I would think there is a good reason.

If I were you, I would call on Monday to see what happened and arrange another appointment. You can always speak to a couple of other firms too - we usually advocate speaking to to or three befor making a decision.

shedfullabeer

Post by shedfullabeer » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:22 pm
thanks for the replys guys, and, they were the replys i wanted to hear[:D]

i'll give them a call monday like you say and see what happened

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:30 pm
Hi there. I would imagine there is every chance that Mel will pick this up beforehand. As all have said before me, there must be a very good reason for this, as Mel runs one of the firms that sets the benchmark ( and a high one at thst) for the industry.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:32 pm
Brilliant choice of IP. It worked for me[:)]
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:51 am
Mel's company come highly recommended. It is unusual that nobody has contacted you and I'm sure she will investigate this when she knows.

Rich

Post by Rich » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:05 am
Hi
Im not with mels team, but I have contacted her and the team there for advice. They have always been more than helpful and even though they were not my Ips. You have made a great Choice !
"Always remember that the future comes one day at a time."
IVA completed . Just started a blog, if you get chance please take a look.
http://rich.blogs.iva.co.uk/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:17 am
Hi shedfullabeer

I understand that you have spoken with Tina this evening. I am sorry to hear that there may have been some confusion over the timing of your chat, but glad to hear that Tina has now gone through everything with you and hopefully reassured you if you wish to proceed we are in a position to help and will take good care of you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:23 am
That's good news - it is a well respected company and you will be in good hands with them.

peterh

Post by peterh » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:08 am
But I know the process will be in action and then sign the agreement, then date for creditors meeting

Do not worry, Ive waited 5 days for the agreement to sign, but know they will be working on it

And Mel always is on here for advice and all the reviews are glowing, so do not worry to much, but I know how your feeling, going through the same which started last Thursday.

lem

Post by lem » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:13 am
Peter, as this thread was from back in June I am pretty sure if the OP decided to go ahead they would have had their proposal by now!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:57 pm
Peter

If you have any concerns about your case would you message me directly, so that I can identify you and investigate. Many thanks
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”