MELANIE GILES

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
22 posts Page 1 of 2

Max

Post by Max » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:53 pm
I am typing this for my husband - he dictated it but he has glaucoma and is not allowed to uase a computer. This is, therefore as he spoke it.

Some five years ago I contacted Melanie Giles after being turned down for an IVA by 7 or 8 providers as being "Not a chance" on account of wht I wanted in it and what I wanted out of it. Melanie took me on board without a second glance. She got through for me a complicated IVA exactly as I wanted it.
During the past five years there has been a couple of issues - a sick dog and myself contracting another ailment. Once Melanie heard of this all the stops were pulled out - payment breaks etc were offered but fortunately because she gave me realistic allowances we managed.

Yesterday, a package arrived for me from Cardiff - it contained a completion certificate and a hand written letter from Melanie - the letter was addressed to me but she could not have been talking about me. The certificate toook just a few weeks. The rest now is for new commers - there are out there ordinary IPs, good ones and excellent ones. Melanie does not fall into those categories - she is a brilliant IP with compassion and understanding -if any of you have animals or a child or children at or going to university then Mealanie is the IP for you. Melanie allowed an allowance for my son more than many pay as their IVA contribution.

I hope this note is coherent for the treatment I am on makes me very tired and I will not be able to dictate much longer.

Before I conclude may I please be allowed to thank Michael Peoples for his encouragement to me and also a person who nolonger posts - Kallis 3 (Jan) they were both so very kind to me.

Also, if, as I hope you new people will do is go with Melanie make certain you ask for Laura Service as your case officer for she will look after you so well you will just be able toleave things to her.

Melanie, it has been a priviledge for you to have been my IP - I cannot thank you enough. I have not forgotten my promise to you - please let me get this treatment over as I wish to attend to it myself. PLease thank Laura for - she is a truly lovely person.

I wanted to say much more but I am too tired. Melanie, I shall always remember you with fondness.

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:57 pm
That is a really beautiful posting

I am proud to have had mel as an ip too and her team always looked after me
I never got the chance to meet her or thank her in person for what she did for me
And Kalis is an extraordinary lady too and always made time for me on here

Congratulations to you

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:06 pm
Congrats to you Max. I remember we started almost together. I paid my last payment at the start of the month. Jan, Melanie et al certainly helped me to have a secure foundation for my journey with cleardebt. The forum as a whole is amazing!!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:12 pm
Well done on receiving that all important certificate of compliance and I am confident Melanie will be on the forum very soon to read the post for herself.

I trust your debt free future will be a very happy one.

I was Melanie's client too with Laura as my contact and I concur entirely with what you say.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:42 pm
Great post, Max and very true. I am sure Kallis will hear of your thanks and will be very happy to hear of the success of your IVA as well as sending you her very best wishes, as am, and do, I.

Onward and upward, Max, onward and upward :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:51 pm
Great post Max ... And such kind words for Melanie and her colleague Laura ....I am sure Melanie will log on later or tomorrow and see this! For now you concentrate on debt freedom and what you can do to help you through your health conditions x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:59 pm
Congratulations on completion Max. I hope any newcomers will read your thread as, like many, we didn't find this forum until after we had started our iva and would definitely have made a different choice of IP if we had. Hope your health problems can be resolved and enjoy the freedom of being debt free.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:51 am
Fantastic post. Bets wishes for the future.
Steven & Debbie

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:36 am
Great post good luck for the future

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:43 am
What a beautiful post, enjoy your debt free future Max you deserve it.

Another great post supporting Team Mel.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

stirling

Post by stirling » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 am
I'd also like to say what a lovely post and Melanie was an inspiration with all her comments and advice on this forum even though I used another company.
On a separate note can anyone enlighten me as to what happened to Kallis? She too was a godsend in my early days. I may have completed a few months ago but I still find myself drawn to this forum at least twice a week. It really is one of the best things that happened to me during my times of trouble. Best wishes to you all and I never stop thinking of you.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:05 am
Hi Stirling. Kallis is alive and well and doing fine. She just no longer posts on forum (taking a well earned rest, I suspect).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:54 pm
Max, what a moving post.

More evidence of what a fine and compassionate IP Melanie is.

I too am a client of Melanie`s company and can only echo the above posts regarding her staff,

My partner and I have had a difficult period over the last number of months due to complications from an operation she had - leading to her having to have a couple of months off work, and me being consequently absent from work whilst she was hospitalised and my case worker has been very helpful and understanding, as have all the people at Melanie`s company I have had need to speak to over the last four years.

I see Kallis is a moderator?

She was an immense help to me with all her help and advice in the initial stages of my IVA journey, I miss her posting on the forum.

I wish you well with your treatment Max,

Good luck for the future.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:51 pm
Thank you Max for those very kind words. It makes my day when I can see the difference we have made to someone's life - it has been a pleasure and a privilege to act for you over the last five years.

I send you my very best wishes for the future.
Last edited by MelanieGiles on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

nursecrippin

Post by nursecrippin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:26 am
Melanie Giles is also my IP and can also say its not been easy being in an IVA but melanies team in Dublin have been my case handlers and they have always been there for me.
Heidi xxxx
22 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”