Mercers .......

12 posts Page 1 of 1

sillybilly

Post by sillybilly » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 pm
After having a successful creditors meeting on monday our IVA was approved. Today at 8.30am I missed a call from Mercers. At 5.30pm they rang again and I managed to speak to the man that was calling. He started with security checks and then informed me he wanted £480 today as payment. I informed him that our IVA was approved he took details of court etc. Then he went through all my details I kept saying that they should not be contacting me now and he told me that until I had sent information they would call me daily. I currently don't have any information to send and said that he should be dealing with my IP and gave the details (again).He then said it was my responsibilty to inform them and to expect more calls. I put the phone down and within five minutes a voice text came through saying I needed to ring Mercers immediately aaaargh !! Rant over I can get on with my evening needless to say I won't be ringing them back [:)]
We came with nothing, we leave with nothing.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:32 pm
The calls will stop soon, don't worry.

I had Mercers ring me the day of approval and although they still told me I need to make a payment, I've not heard from them since.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:32 pm
There is one thing about Mercers which is consistent - they mention things which are often inaccurate and are usually late in picking up information.
Last edited by MelanieGiles on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:40 pm
They are best ignored, and if calls continue, inform your IP.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

sillybilly

Post by sillybilly » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:09 pm
I just did lol it's Melanie, I am not too worried or bothered it was more the way he was talking AT me and was on the phone for ages and at tea time. Thanks all I look forward to the day I can answer the phone to people I really want to talk to.[:D]

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 pm
It will come sillybilly, the day will come soon, I remember Mercers oh so well!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:15 pm
Personally, I would just say that I am in an IVA, you should not be calling me, and then put the phone down.
Bob Marley.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 pm
We're 2 months into our iva and still get phonecalls from RBS and then whilst on the phone they see on the system that we're in an iva!!! Least they're polite about it but just wish they'd stop!!!
Steven & Debbie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:41 pm
I'm afraid the second word now would be 'off' Struzzo!
Bob Marley.

sillybilly

Post by sillybilly » Mon May 03, 2010 6:34 pm
Can't believe they are still at it Mercers have rung again IVA accepted a week ago today I wrote about my first phone call above. Stupidly I thought that would be it but oh no yesterday I took another call from them I instantly said I have had my IVA approved and you should not be ringing me the lady then went. I have been out today got home to a message from them saying to ring urgently, then at 5.30pm another call I didn't answer and now a voice text at 6.15pm. I have now told them twice IVA approved surely they should be backing off not stepping up their actions I only received one call from them pre IVA.[:(!]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:38 pm
Tell your IP about it. They should not be bothering you now. Obviously there has been a communications breakdown between head office and the call centre.

I would be less than polite now if it were me.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 pm
I just wish sometimes the communication chain continued down or up the line whichever is necessary for all departments to be updated. We get the IVA accepted and want peace and it's not fair. Hopefully your IP may intervene and if all else fails do refer them to the Insolvency Register that worked for me x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”