Merry Christmas and Thank You

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:19 am
I have started this thread to allow forum members to share their festive wishes - hopefully keeping all the messages to one thread.

Merry Christmas to all forum members - if this is your first Christmas in an IVA, stay focused and watch those smile when they open their gifts - it will mean so much and you can quietly sit and think, no brown envelopes in January 2014 with credit card statements ...

I would like to personally say thank you to all of the experts, moderators and admin that give their time to this forum for free.
The time given is so valuable to many forum members and provides a lifeline to some. The advice given provides reassurance, and allows members to find comfort in knowing they are not alone.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:27 am
I'd like to second your post luluj and wish you and everyone else a wonderful, safe & happy Xmas.

This is not just a forum to me......it is a way of life and all the proffessionals and contributors who post on here deserve all the happiness in the world, have a great Xmas all!!!!!!
I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left!

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:40 am
I would like to say I am amazed at some of the questions that crop up on this forum,,it really is very enlightening!!

It's been a great find for me,,,it's a valuable resource for all...

Thankyou to all those who contribute!!
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:18 am
Merry Christmas to everyone thank you all for the invaluable advice I have read throughout the year,especially the, Admin, Experts (Mel, Micheal, Andy especially), mods, and all the normal everyday people like me who are in an IVA and at the coalface end and who try and help others, we have formed a great community spirit, this year I have seen goods offered for free to other members, support when someone is struggling, sometimes all we need is a group hug, and we give it in bucket loads.
So I hope we all have a amazing Christmas and enjoy the feeling of seeing the postie walk past in Jan knowing there are no bills for us arriving.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:02 am
I, too, would like to wish all of you, the best of Christmas's, however you choose to celebrate this time of year.

Christmas time tends to bring out the feelings of love and support for all -- but this forum demonstrates that spirit all year round.

Thank you all for your contributions, help and support.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:54 am
Happy Christmas to you all from me too. This is my sixth Christmas on the forum and hopefully there will be many more. It seems to have flown by because at the end of the day I do enjoy it.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:41 am
Happy Christmas to everyone on here and many thanks to everyone who has supported me om my journey so far. This has been my worst year with having to buy a new boiler, flood damage and last week my car finally gave up and had to be towed away for breaking. However I have the support of a good IVA firm in Birmingham and they have given me a 2 month payment break (didn't want to but had no choice) to purchase another care - which I have done. Roll on 2014 and I hope it's a good one for everyone x

Ftreal

Post by Ftreal » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:44 am
I also would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and to wish everyone the best for 2014.

This forum was essential when deciding my debt options and I just want to add my thanks to everyone that contributes to it.
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Lisa.53

Post by Lisa.53 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:31 am
Merry Christmas to all from me also! and a very happy new year!

This forum has been an absolute god send for me as soon as I realised I needed help, in the run up to my proposal being put to creditors and following approval of my IVA. It is invaluable to all members and long may it continue!

Although the last month has been tough I am looking forward to xmas and the new year and April being the 1st Anniversary of my IVA - 4 more years to go and the 1st so far has gone quickly so fingers crossed the remaining go smoothly.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:06 pm
and a Merry Christmas from me and my family too without the IVA I know we wouldn't be as happy as we are now as things were strained to say the least before the IVA. This is my first Christmas out of the IVA and I've been as frugal as when I was in it so nothing lavish here but all paid for as usual.

Keep plodding on and take it month by month you'll get to the end eventually and like me you'll look back and think it was worth it.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

marsha1

Post by marsha1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:21 pm
Merry Christmas from me too and thank goodness for this forum.x

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:17 pm
Hi,just to echo every one else's sentiments. This is our first Christmas in an IVA - this time last year we were "looking forward" to our meeting with Melanie Giles to discuss our IVA proposals. As I have previously posted, I actually enjoy the budgeting and seem to have more money than before and no dreaded credit card statements - our post has reduced dramatically since our IVA! Have bought presents for Christmas but only buy for my 3 kids and my nephew and have set a strict budget which I have stuck to. December is quite tricky anyway as it's my mum's birthday on the 1st, my daughter's on the 5th (and she was 21 this year so spent more than I would normally), and it's my sister in law's birthday on the 16th - all people that I have to buy presents for. Then it's Christmas and then on 22nd January it's my other daughter's birthday - disaster!! It's really good this year as well as we have managed to save enough to rent a cottage for the Christmas week so we will be going away on 21st for the week and hopefully will have a great time - if we had done this before, it would have all been borrowed money. Sorry, garbled on too much but would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:27 pm
Merry xmas one an all. This place is much more than a forum. Its like an exended family. We all impact on each others lives throughout the year through good times and bad and its nice to have the support that such a big family brings.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”