Message on credit file

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Indebtagain

Post by Indebtagain » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Can anyone tell me what this means. I wrote to all my creditors plus all the credit files companies informing them that it's now been 6 years since my IVA started and would it be possible for them to remove their information from my credit file. I have noticed that a few of my creditor have default dates that won't be 6 years till Dec/Jan even though I started my IVA on the 1st Oct 2007.

The following has now appeared on one of my credit files which is worring me as I'm trying to get it clean so I can get a better mortgage.

NOTICE OF DISPUTE - THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION REGISTERED AT THIS ADDRESS AND WE HAVE NOW CONTACTED THE SUBSCRIBER CONCERNED. CARE SHOULD THEREFORE BE TAKEN WHEN USING THE DATA AT THIS ADDRESS TO ASSESS THE CREDITWORTHINESS OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED.

Thanks

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:40 pm
It's a notice of correction- the credit file company will have put it on there while they are investigating the innacuracy of the information held on your file.
Once that disputed information has been amended, the credit file company will remove the correction notice.
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.

Indebtagain

Post by Indebtagain » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:36 pm
Thanks. Good too hear it will be removed once sorted.

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:49 pm
Hi,rest assured it will be. They have had to do it for me three times now!! its just to protect you in case you apply for any form of credit to say you are disputing something on your file and to bear this in mind when they make a decision.
They will remove it once they have dealt with your enquiry and you are happy with the outcome.
Hope this helps.

Indebtagain

Post by Indebtagain » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:19 pm
Thanks. It's so annoying that some creditors have default dates after my IVA started but at least they are slowly dropping off.

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:34 pm
We had a default whacked on an account - 28/06/2013! I nearly had a meltdown when I saw that on our credit file!! It could stay on there til 2019! If I didn't sort it out-
The other week I emailed to experian completion certificates & final report ( that final report proves that the debts are included in the iva- it cannot be quibbled with!! & I think it's speeded up the process of getting things corrected.)
The default has been amended to the start of the iva- & other accounts are being marked as satisfied.

It's a good feeling to see things being amended!
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”