Mis-sold card/ID protection

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

mummy2elliekate

Post by mummy2elliekate » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:19 pm
Hi all, I have just had a letter from a company called CPP. I used to have a card and/or ID protection policy with them, not 100% sure which credit card it was but it definitely was't one included in my IVA - it was one of my old credit cards that I paid off long before the IVA started. The letter says that I was potentially mis-sold this policy and I can pursue a claim with them for a refund. It won't be much as, if I remember correctly, I didn't have the card for very long.

My question is, as it isn't PPI do I have to make a claim for this refund, and if I do, will I get to keep the money? I can't see anything in my IVA terms about card or ID protection, only PPI, and I know the amount due will be far less that the £500 windfall limit.

I will call my IVA company about this soon to clarify, but at the moment I am waiting for them to contact me regarding a mess up that they made with my bonus payments, which has taken nearly two months to sort out and I still haven't heard anything from them, so I'd rather not confuse them until that is sorted.
They have, however, been perfectly able to pester me to sign PPI claim forms, which I know I have never had, and even if I had I would rather not deal with it through a third party company who would keep 30% for themselves. I will write to all the companies I have had credit with myself and ask them to confirm that I didn't have PPI and send the information gathered to my IP, but that's a different story :)

Sarah x
6 year IVA accepted 7th March 2013... the start of a new journey!

My blog
http://mummy2elliekate.blogs.iva.co.uk

mummy2elliekate

Post by mummy2elliekate » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:01 pm
Just used the search function (sorry) and saw someone mention that because it was worded as "compensation" and not a "refund", we may be able to keep any money owed as it will inevitably be less than £500. It'll probably be less than £100 to be honest! Opinions on this would be great :)
6 year IVA accepted 7th March 2013... the start of a new journey!

My blog
http://mummy2elliekate.blogs.iva.co.uk

Robbieboy

Post by Robbieboy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:20 pm
Hello mummytoellieandkate, I cannot give you any information but will read any replies with interest as I also got a letter about this and had resigned myself to the fact it would be taken by the IVA.
I know I am a good person, I just need to start believing it

See my blog - Life was a misery until now

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:07 pm
bumpety bump
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”