Misold PPI Claim? DO IT YOURSELF - What are the steps from Start to finish ?

3 posts Page 1 of 1

flamingate

Post by flamingate » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:08 am
When you have credit cards, loans, etc, and have been using them for many years, and want to check and apply for mis sold PPI claim to them, and you want to do it YOURSELF, without paying a third party company,

then what are the main steps?

for example

1) Make a list of all the creditors

2) Get their contact details

3) contact them to get an application form?

4) Contact them to look into your account, if you were mis-sold?

5) Fill the application details

these are made up example steps,

Can you give the REAL main steps to go through this process, from Start to finish!

AND

what details do you need ready (beforehand) before contacting the PPI company?

and when you contact them, do the creditors have 'specific' departments you have to phone up?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:51 am
Might I ask why you wish to do this? The refunds will be payable into your IVA .
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:00 pm
When this PPI stuff first kicked off there was a pre-formatted letter, sorry can't find it. I used this plus the information of account numbers from my IVA paperwork. Wrote directly to each creditor, even those who I knew 100% had not charged PPI. My total refund was close to 23k, all of which went into the IVA and ultimately my creditors. My IVA company still asked me to sign paperwork for some 3rd party company to check when I was in my last year, they didn't manage to find anymore so the 40% they would have charged got to pay a bigger dividend to my creditors, which made me feel a bit better.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Payment Protection”