missed 4 months payments on my i.v.a

3 posts Page 1 of 1

scooby.doo9

Post by scooby.doo9 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:18 pm
i have missed 4 months payments on my i.v.a, i simply fell behind in payments due to the increase to the cost of living, and after working out our income it is 200 per month less than when we started the i.v.a in 2005.
i have had no contact as yet from my supervisor,even after writng to them over 2wks ago??we do have a clause that after the 4th yr we had to remortgage to pay 7,500 or equity which ever is the greatest.
i was wondering if we could pay it off early and include the missed payments? and also they told me last yr that if i could raise 14000 i could settle my i.v.a , now would that amount have now dropped?

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:33 am
I'm wondering why they havent even contacted you if you are that far an arrears. I would have though by now you would have recieved notification that you IVA is going to be failed.

Have you tried sending an email directly to your IP and not just one of his/her staff?
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:53 am
IVAs usually go into default if you miss more than three payments so check your IVA terms to see if this applies to you. If so, and if you want to save the IVA, you should negotiate revised termw with your IP based upon current affordability which will need to be ratified by creditors at a newly convened creditors meeting.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”