missold products

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

chas.m

Post by chas.m » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:16 pm
Hi all
Just had a delivery this morning from McCambridge Duffy
saying i might be able to claim back some miss-sold products, ok great, no problem as i want to pay back as much as i can. The company that will be getting this funding back for the creditors charge 40% YES 40%! Robbing (not swearing) but i can understand why i am in this mess with these sort of companys around. Come on McCD there has got to be another option.[:(!]
If i listened to my Mom and Dad i would not be in the mess i am in now.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:23 pm
Most of these companies charge that sort of fee.

Unless you either do it yourself or use a company that doesn't charge that much then you'll have to use them.

Were you missold at all? If not then tell McCD that you don't wish to claim. That's what we have done as we've never taken out PPI in our lives.

CoverItAll

Post by CoverItAll » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 pm
Go to Martin Lewis' website, download letter templates, and send them off yourself.
John Tegg
john.tegg@dms4asu.co.uk
http://www.paymentcover.co.uk
STANDARD TERMS for Forum Members for Home Insurance, Self Employed Tradesman's Public Liability, and Short Term Income Protection.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:55 pm
As John says, ask McCD if you can claim yourself (to maximise the return to the creditors). Mr Lewis's site has the templates and many claims are not contested, so there isn't a lot od to-ing and fro-ing. Many of these claims companies are getting 40% for writing ONE letter !!!

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:13 pm
40% seems to be the going rate in the insolvency marketplace. I have a suspicion the fees are hiked up across the board so that the firms recover sufficient income from claims paid out to offset the claims being set off by creditors for which no fees are available.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”