Mobile Phone Bill (This app saves me £100/m)

7 posts Page 1 of 1

carpet_toaster

Post by carpet_toaster » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 pm
Hi all,

I came across a smartphone app some time ago called WEQ4U. - Since using it, it's knocking anywhere around £100 a month of my mobile phone bill. Thought it would be useful to share it with everyone !

Mobile phone operators charge up to 50pence per minute to call 08 numbers (0800 / 0845 etc etc)

This free app (which is available on Android & Iphone) once installed, will intercept any 08 calls you make and route them via their phone system & servers which is either free, or included in your inclusive minutes.

The day I phoned the bank to sort out my PPI , this app saved me £50 in just that one day.

What's also useful, - is that if you ever get stuck in a queue at a call centre, just press "9*". - The call will hang up, while WEQ4U sit and wait in the hold line for you. - As soon as somebody answers the call, they ring you back and reconnect you. - all free of charge !

Well worth taking a look at if you're interested in saving a few quid on your mobile phone bill !

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:41 pm
And you're back!!

Must admit that I never use my mobile to call anything other than a mobile or normal landline number.

Anything else I use Saynoto0870 to see if I can get a landline number. Doesn't always work but worth a try.

I rarely use my mobile for 'freephone' numbers - I have Sky unlimited calls and use the above site for anything else.

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 pm
I am not sure how much your mobile phone bills must be but to save me around £100 per month they would have to pay me £70 a month.

A couple of things puts me off the App website, one is I have a Blackberry, which does not seem to be covered and the "biggy" is there appears to be no details of the company itself, address, contact details, ecy.

carpet_toaster

Post by carpet_toaster » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:20 am
My bills were usually a couple hundred quid. - one bill this year was over £400. - I use it for Business & Personal as self employed, so my useage is pretty high. - the studio I work in doesn't have a landline, and I make a lot of calls whilst on the move.

I don't know much about blackberry but i would assume there's similar apps available.

My Car broke down on the way to a job tonight, bummer :( - on the plus side, I saved £4 on the two calls i made to the recovery people!

08 numbers are everywhere, - There's even one at the top of this website. - I guess even on low useage phone accounts, having an app like this has gotta be worthwhile whether it saves 4 quid a month or a hundred. - it all adds up !

I'm sure there's probably similar apps from other companies that do list the business address on their website, worth taking a look for.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:16 pm
My mobile bill is £35 a month and it never goes over that - I don't even use all of the minutes and texts that I have.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:09 pm
My mobile bill is just under £40 a month - around £36 for the monthly bill and £2.50 to send up to 100 picture messages a month.

To be honest if I used 08 numbers a lot I would have the Vodafone add on so that the 08 numbers come out of my minutes. It's only a couple of quid and I'd feel happier knowing it was Vodafone!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:29 pm
I pay £31 @ month for my contract and never use all of my allowances. If however like the OP you use it for business then I'm guessing it could save you money.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “money saving tips”