Mobile Phone Contracts and Sim Only

7 posts Page 1 of 1

nevillebunny

Post by nevillebunny » Wed May 09, 2018 6:18 pm
Hi All

Throughout my time here I often see people asking about mobile phone contracts and sim contracts.

I have recently moved to the Smarty network and thought I would share.

Smarty offer sim only contracts on a one month rolling basis. Their deals are competitive and the signup process does not require a credit check.
What is also great is you can not overspend. You can only use what is in your plan. If you want to do anything outside your plan, or over your usage limits then
you need to topup manually with some extra credit.

So a good way of getting a good deal which controls your spending.

It uses the 3 network and coverage for me has been good

Link below, hope it is ok to add a link:

https://goo.gl/c3ycQz
Currently in an IVA. Not a Financial Professional, any comments expressed are just my opinion.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:04 pm
Thanks for the heads up nevillebunny. Sometimes getting phone contracts is a pain once they know you are in an IVA, having options can always save you a few quid here and there.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Thu May 10, 2018 5:33 am
Is Smarty the one where your data is refunded the next month if you don't use it all? I recall reading about them last summer just as they launched. I almost went with them but them my phone was on it's last legs (full to flat battery within an hour) so I went with a Huawei on Vodafone as it was a cheap contract and the phone had awesome reviews.

nevillebunny

Post by nevillebunny » Thu May 10, 2018 7:35 pm
Mrs_Brown wrote:
Is Smarty the one where your data is refunded the next month if you don't use it all? I recall reading about them last summer just as they launched. I almost went with them but them my phone was on it's last legs (full to flat battery within an hour) so I went with a Huawei on Vodafone as it was a cheap contract and the phone had awesome reviews.
Hi Mrs Brown. Yes, thats the one. So for every full GB of data your don't use, they deduct the cost of your next bill.

Early days, but very good so far :)
Currently in an IVA. Not a Financial Professional, any comments expressed are just my opinion.

Vince_100

Post by Vince_100 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:15 pm
I'm already in a phone contract. Once im due an upgrade/ new contract will my current provider find out about IVA and give me grief? Been customer with them for over two years , so hoping when i renew they won't complete new credit check

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:55 pm
Vince_100 wrote:
I'm already in a phone contract. Once im due an upgrade/ new contract will my current provider find out about IVA and give me grief? Been customer with them for over two years , so hoping when i renew they won't complete new credit check
I had no problems upgrading during my IVA, but, of course, you have to be wary of going beyond your already agreed allowance for that category. I even got a new contract at the time.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Vince_100

Post by Vince_100 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:16 pm
Thanks foggy. Should be ok when it's time for upgrade. Can't remember credit check during upgrade etc
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”