Mobile Phone

10 posts Page 1 of 1

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:57 pm
Sorry guys, but I've got another question!

My mobile phone is due for upgrade next month, and I need a new one as the one I've got is playing up. I know my service provider is entitled to terminate my contract as I am in an IVA, but I am hoping that they won't as I have never missed a payment with them.

If they were to terminate the contract, my wonderful other half has said he will take out a contract in my name, and I will then give him the money for the bill each month as this will be a lot cheaper than a pay as you go. Is this likely to cause a problem at the time of my IVA assessment next year? I can't think of any reason why it would, as I haven't had to produce any mobile phone bills, and the advisor I spoke to at Thomas Charles couldn't believe how cheap my mobile bill was, and doing it this way there would be no change in the bill.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

illihor

Post by illihor » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:43 pm
I don't see there being any problem. As long as you wont be paying any more for the contract than originally specified and agreed in the IVA and there is no impact on the IVA payments then all should be fine.

As with just about anything IVA related though, always best to talk things through with your IP.

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:58 am
Hi Skippy13,

As illihor correctly stated as long as your payment each month remains the same there shouldn't be a problem with you upgrading.

However in saying this I would definitely speak to your mobile phone provider to see what their stance is, they may have a problem with you being in an IVA. If they do have a problem you can always try other providers.

I also think it wouldn't hurt to give your I.P a call to discuss this, as they can also direct you in which way to go.

Hope this information is of use

Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:15 pm
Thanks for your advice.

I have spoken to my IP, and there is no problem for my boyfriend to get the phone in his name and for me to then pay him. Hopefully Vodafone won't disconnect me, but at least I've got options now!

One down, fifty nine to go until freedom!

illihor

Post by illihor » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:25 pm
Good news, if nothing else it's one less thing to worry about[:)].

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

AndreaTurnb

Post by AndreaTurnb » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:02 pm
Hi

Just read your post and wanted to say I work for T-Mobile, I know it's not Vodapone but just wanted to tell you what we do.

If you've already got a contract and you have missed a payment then whn it comes to upgrading you should have no problem. As they base your upgrade on how your account with them has been run, etc.

I've also spoken to my IP about this and he said as long as my paymants don't change then there's no problem as I had to take a new contract for work.

Hope this helps

Andrea
Andrea

fletcherface

Post by fletcherface » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:06 pm
Hi my husband has just upgraded his phone with o2 and he had no problem

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:49 am
I'll keep my fingers crossed that Vodafone are as understanding! I've never missed a payment with them, so I'll be a bit upset if they do terminate the contract.

One down, fifty nine to go until freedom!

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:58 am
In my experience people haven't found this to be too much of a problem. The mobile communications market has so many companies vying for business even if your current provider isn't happy to keep your custom you can always guarantee that someone will be.

Good luck.

You can access Video Clips giving additional information about IVAs at:
http://www.thomascharles.com/interview_ ... an_iva.asp

If you would like more information about IVAs, other debt solutions, or just want to arrange an informal chat, please visit us at www.thomascharles.com.

Best Regards
Oliver
www.thomascharles.com
Best Regards
Oliver

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:54 pm
Just to let you know I upgraded my phone at the weekend with no problems at all. I explained to the salesman in Phones 4 U that I had a bad credit rating (to say the least!), but he siad that as I only wanted to upgrade it wouldn't be a problem, providing I have kept my account in order with Vodafone, which I have.

It seems that they don't credit check you if you have been with them for a while, only if you want a new contract.

Two down, fifty eight to go until freedom!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”