more advice!

9 posts Page 1 of 1

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:11 pm
Hi hope you are all well.

Can I just ask, 3 of my creditors Egg, Barclays and A&L Credit cards are all from life before I move into my own home 4 years ago and as I moved from my parents house they still are registerred in my old adresss - this was another way for me to hide them from my partner!!! Now I am hoping to enter into a DMP will I have to change my address with them so not to involve my parents house or get them blacklisted?? Is it the person or the house they are attatched to. I have not told my parents about any of this and don't fancy a call from a debt related company asking for money off them.

(hope my spelling is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) some people have way too much time!! (re previous post)
When will this all end?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:16 pm
If you don't change your address, then as long as they have your parents phone number they will call there, although they won't discuss your account with your parents, and any letters will go there as well.

I don't think that your parents will be blacklisted as I am sure that the credit record is against your name unless you have joint loans with them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:18 pm
Your parents can disassociate themselves from you financially but they would wonder why they were having to do this. May be best to come clean,but its not a decision anyone could force you to do,but 1 wrong phone call will leave them feeling that you couldnt talk to them.

Good luck.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:18 pm
I didn't put their number on any of my registration details only my mobile number!!! (thank god) so they are calling me and sending letters, but my parents don't open my mail.
When will this all end?

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:20 pm
There is no way I can talk to them - they have only ever lived within their budget and we ahve had many conversations when it has come up on the news and their side is never positive. They pay everything off every month.... i could only wish!
When will this all end?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:24 pm
loubylou, your parents are exactly the same as mine! I wouldn't dare tell them - I think it would just about finish them off.

Good news about the phone number, but won't your parents wonder where all the extra mail is coming from? It usually has things on like 'This is not a circular', and on a letter delivered to a neighbour of ours, whose house we are looking after, the wording 'Your account is in arrears' could clearly be seen through the window on the envelope.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:31 pm
Oh god!!!! Kallis how long from starting a management programme do the meetings take place - could I in effect be recieving letters and calls for the next 6 months?? I am ready to fall over now and it's not even started yet!
When will this all end?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:34 pm
I am not sure how they set up a DMP, but I don't think there is a meeting like an IVA, I think the company just contacts the creditors to get their agreement.

I was in a DMP originally and we used to still get letters and calls, but not as often, only every few months.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:35 pm
That's correct Kallis - the setting up of a DMP is far more informal than an IVA.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for july”