MORE Labour monetary madness

19 posts Page 2 of 2

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:36 pm
My millions will have to share the same wheelbarrow as my horse's poo. I'm too tight to buy another.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:53 pm
jandd..

i appreciate your comment but i whole heartedly disagree with it. up until 1997.. aged 21 (youngster i was) i earnt about 60% of what i did in 2007 when i left the uk, but overall i was richer and had a better quality of life.

I appreciate many had a hard time under the tories but some people, and i;m not talking 30k+ earners actually did okay too.
More money in your pocket, you chose what you did with it. Rather than this lot that take it out your pocket at source, throw it at banks that caused the whole problem and STILL refuse to lend. In those days you acutally got rewarded for working.. Unlike today..

They had to make many unpopular decisions to bring the country into the modern wolrd that labour in the 70s refused to make. You remember Labour going cap in hand to the IMF to borrow money becuase they had bankrupt the country.. wow that sounds quite familiar....

PFI, selling gold reserves at the lowest rate in years, illegal wars, more sleaze than the tories after "no more sleaze" promises, the largest amount of laws EVER passed in a term by a government taking away personal liberties in the name of "the war on terror", refusing to give a referendum on the EU after promising it in their manifesto, quangos that spend millions that achieve nothing, cash for honours, masking real unemployment figures(currently really about 2.4m and approaching the same level as the tories) by doscounting people on work schemes. Need i go on?

I;m not saying the tories were perfect, or even close.. But don't try and tell me this lot are any better. IF i was a labour voter i think i would still be totally ashamed of my party.

I don't usually do political rants but...Infact it's not even a political rant. I used to love my country... I'm glad i'm now out of it. those of you who still love Labour, Tony and Gordon. Well good luck to you, you're going to need it. It's the majority of decent people i feel sorry for. :(
Last edited by animaleyes76 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:44 am
I wholeheartedly agree Animaleyes!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:15 am
jandd, surely we're not far off that now - unemployment rising, reposessions rising?

I agree with you Animaleyes. Whoever gets in next will have a hell of a job sorting out the mess created by Labour and will therefore be very unpopular, but as far as I'm concerned until we get rid of this corrupt government nothing will improve. People who work will still be penalised, people who genuinely need benefits won't get them and we will lose more and more of our civil liberties. It's not a war against terror, it's all about controlling us.

Dave's mate is a lifelong Labour supporter, but he won't vote for them any more and I hopefully a lot of other people will feel the same.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “talking about ...”