Mortgage advice

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

stevey999

Post by stevey999 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:05 pm
Hello Ryan, I hope you're well? I am looking for a bit of advice on a post-iva mortgage please.
Background is as follows. I entered my iva in 2012, settled in full in 2017 (earlier than forecast). The iva dropped off my credit report naturally after 6 years in 2018. We have recently sought the advice of what turned out to be a relatively inexperienced mortgage broker in terms of their iva knowledge, but they told us the following and I was hoping you could either confirm or deny this.
They said that most mortgage providers will only look at offering a mortgage 6 years after the iva has dropped off the credit report. Which would be 12 years after the start of the iva. I was initially under the impression it would usually be best to look when the iva was settled and it had been removed from my credit report at the 6 year mark... Is any of what he told us accurate in that we'd struggle to get a half decent mortgage before 6 years after the iva dropped off the report please? Thank you in advance!
I just don't understand. :? :?: :roll:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon May 24, 2021 1:22 pm
I will flag Ryan to have a look at this, but I would doubt the experience of your broker. Lenders all vary, some (some) will wait 6 years post completion, and some 3 years, a few will never lend, but there are lenders who will lend after the 6 years from the start anniversary and, indeed, a few who will lend earlier.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon May 24, 2021 1:28 pm
Hi stevey999,
Total nonsense, this person has not got a clue. We have helped numerous members on this forum get mortgages, some even when it was only off the report 1 day!
If you get in contact directly, we can look in to this for you straight away.
Thanks for alerting me Foggy.
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

stevey999

Post by stevey999 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:04 pm
Thank you foggy and Ryan. How is best to get in touch?
I just don't understand. :? :?: :roll:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon May 24, 2021 2:43 pm
Mon May 24, 2021 2:04 pmstevey999 wrote:
Thank you foggy and Ryan. How is best to get in touch?
Use the link at the bottom of Ryan's post and go from there.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon May 24, 2021 3:32 pm
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”