Mortgage after IVA

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Neil.dw

Post by Neil.dw » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:42 pm
Our IVA was completed in Dec 2019

Was looking at getting a 95% mortgage share ownership property with help to buy scheme.

Spoke to mortgage advisor who then spoke to someone at Leeds building society (Apparently only mortgage company offering 95%) who advised that we couldn't get a mortgage until 6 years after the IVA completion date.

Is this correct?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:01 pm
Different lenders have different policies, which also change from time to time. You need to speak to a broker with experience of the adverse credit market. I would suggest you chat with Ryan and / or Shaun ... both are experts in adverse credit applications and have placed many mortgages for us ex-IVA'ers, often at High Street Rates.

Ryan and Shaun can be contacted via the details on their profile pages here:

Ryan : memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488

Shaun: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 pm
Agree with foggy, Ryan and/or Shaun are good for conversations to establish exactly what your situation is.

We have just remortgaged through Ryan and with The Leeds- lots of different offers out there... keep positive.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:23 am
Hi Neil.dw
Without knowing all the details i cannot comment on lenders who you fit with, but there are very few lenders offering 95% Shared Ownership mortgages, let alone with a history of an IVA.
You also mention Help to Buy, which is possible with only a 5% deposit.
Please get in touch directly if you wish to discuss in more detail so we can assess you fully.
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”