Mortgage Company

12 posts Page 1 of 1

scared

Post by scared » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:14 pm
I registered quite a while ago as I was having debt problems. I have managed to negoiate with all the debt companies to minimum amounts. I know that they will keep hounding for payment ets.

I have a mortgage with A & L for 90K and a secured loan with First plus for £80K which comes to 125% mortgage. I had to go to court with A & L twice to stop reprosession and suceeded. First plkus will not negoiate at all they want the full arrears, when I spoke to CAb they said it does not surprise them. Anyway I was still struggling to keep up the payments with A & L and they are most un helpful on the phone, so I have sent letters by recorded delivery. I spoke to a lady 2 weeks ago to see if they could send an agent round to discuss the situation mostly surprised as this woman was helpful and put a request in. I have since received a letter last week asking to make 2 mortgage payments and they will defer the areears for 6mths and review the situation. When my partner phoned they said they would look to adding it to the mortgage and start again with a fixed rate. I have phoned them this morning to confirm the payments will be paid and the rude woman on the phone all she wanted to know was why I had not been in touch since Janurary. I explained again that I had sent letters and also requested an agent to see me which is coming this Thursday. She said they were sending the agent round because I had not been in touch. I suggestered she read all the comments in the past conversations and will send another letter as I get nowhere on the phone.

I hate speaking to A & L, I am considering giving up the house I hate living there everything has gone wrong in it. We have had no central heating for the last 2 yrs.

Never mind onwards and upwards

lily

Post by lily » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:22 pm
Oh Dear sounds like you have been having problems, have you considered a longer term solution??? If you dont want the house then you could consider bankruptcy, and draw a line under all of this and move on with your life.
lily

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:37 pm
Hiya scared and welcome to the forum.
Bankruptcy could well be your way out of this. If the house is more of a burden then why keep it? In bankruptcy the house will be sold as an asset to pay your creditors and you can start afresh, no debt and no worry about having to deal with your creditors again.
It's nice to be back......

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:49 pm
Do you only have the two secured debts, or are their other debts which are putting you under pressure as well? If so how much do you owe to other creditors, and how much are you paying them on a monthly basis at the moment?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

AlanO

Post by AlanO » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:22 am
Whilst the overall picture would be required - if you are not happy and 125% borrowed on the property. Could be time to look at alternatives.

all the best alan

www.debtdr.co.uk

scared

Post by scared » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:54 am
I think the unsecured debts are about £20K I handed back my car as advised by CAb and I owe them about 8K on top of this. I am paying in total £300.00 per month to all these creditors. I have considered bankruptcy what scares me the most is speaking to the OR not scared of the publications in the newspaper. I considered this a few months ago, am going to see what this agent says on Thursday and go from there. What annoys me the most is the fact that this woman had said I had not been in touch although they have received my letters which they confirmed this and they wonder why I hate tlking to them on the phone.

lily

Post by lily » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:26 am
Hi Scared

Who spoke to you on the phone?? Was it one of your creditors?? If so dont worry, they dont know their ass from their elbow half the time, it does take a while for creditors to be aware of problems also, even if 2008, but I think its more convenient for them misplace such info as they prefer to hound you for a payment.

The thing is, scared, I know how stressful this situation is, the people that phone you are doing a job, whereby they are given a target to obtain so much money per day. You might be on their list for that day so they will phone and phone and phone to scare you into paying something. Youre in debt, you know that, you owe money, like the majority of us here but dont be bullied. Youre trying to address your situation and that takes guts. Its a horrible time and you dont know where it will end.

There are many people on here who have faced bankruptcy and will tell you that OR's are not ogres, they do this job everyday. Its a once in a life time even for you and its b***** scary and stressful. Whats the worst that can happen??? I faced it head on myself and was scared stupid, my circumstances changed at the very last minute and I found another way.

Take as much advice as you need to consider your options and then go ahead and do what you have to to be free.

You are amongst friends here on the forum who know how you feel and will be willing to help you face this.

Good luck and take care.
lily

scared

Post by scared » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:05 pm
Its the mortgage company not the creditors I wonder never recommend them for as a mortgage company you never believe i used to work for them. before my mortgage went into arrears I aksed if I coud make half payments for a 3mth period they refused and said I should of had a flexible mortgage. NO one ever pays more payments in there mortgage not that I know of. Maybe if they had agreed then I wouldnt of been in the same situation with them.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:48 pm
My interview with the OR wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be. While I wouldn't describe her as friendly, she was polite and businesslike and the interview lasted 20 minutes. If BR is the way forward for you don't be put off by a fear of the OR - they are only people doing a job.

scared

Post by scared » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:09 pm
Well the agent came round and I showed him proof that I have been in communication with them he is going to report back to A & L with a payment plan for 6 mths and the review it again.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:22 pm
Scared, the OR meeting is really not as bad as you think. We had ours over the phone. She was blunt and to the point but hey, she was only doing her job. We were asked what we had spent the money/used the cards on, what loans were spent on etc, I think she was trying to find any assets that we may have had tucked away(I sold the Van Gogh we had what I bought on my lloyds gold card!! lol) Seriously though, they do this everyday they work so it is all the same to them, cards get used for living expenses etc and loans get spent on things they wern't intended for. The worst thing with our OR was I got the impression that she wasn't very experienced as she kept saying she would have to get her boss to confirm that and this. It didn't instill the greatest of confidence in us!!!
It's nice to be back......

scared

Post by scared » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:13 pm
After managing to sort out most of my creditors and mortgage comopany. The finance company for the car want to reposess it, i had a car with them on advise from CAB returned the car which I now owe £14k which we are in dispute with them. The other car which we paid over a third for has to go to court and apparently it goies to court on 8th. We have not received a letter to confirm this it is just confirmation from the finance comapny. After speaking to a solicitor today it is too short notice to get representation although she has adivsed that once the court order has gone through they can apply for bankruptcy straight away. WHich is not what I want.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”