Mortgage Post IVA

8 posts Page 1 of 1

hlaustin

Post by hlaustin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:18 am
Hi all, we have successfully completed our IVA last year, and it dropped off our credit reports in December 2011. Have checked all the credit reference agencies and both of our credit reports are clean now, and we have good scores. We want to buy a house, and was wondering if anybody has had any success getting a mortgage after IVA completion. We are currently saving for a deposit and have 10% at the minute. Is it best to go to a broker?

Thanks

hlaustin

Post by hlaustin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:22 am
Also, has anybody tried to buy a new build house? Using one of the newbuy or shared equity schemes?

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. We do have an all of the market broker Ryan who posts on the forum as an expert. Ryan has helped some other posters even if it's just with advice, might be worth a chat with him. He can be found in the ask a question section.

Other than that just hang in there as I'm sure someone with experience of mortgage post IVA will be along to share soon. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 am
Completely agree with Lesley ..Ryan is a great option to open discussions with ...he sorted us out over 18 months ago now and I would highly recommend his company
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

churchyn

Post by churchyn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 pm
Hi, how do I find this Ryan regarding remortgaging after an IVA please? Thanks

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:22 pm
if you click on ask an expert a question on the left hand side and scroll down you will find Ryans contact details

All the best and let us know how you get on
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

mattyboy

Post by mattyboy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:51 pm
I got one easily after my score repaired and file was clean, I did have a 35% deposit though so would try a broker, it should be achievable on a 10% deposit, you'll get better rates if you can save more though. Be prepared to have your finances scrutinised by the lender, they can be a lot more intrusive these days, the good thing is the IVA gets you used to accounting so I found it easy to apply.
"Just when you think that you can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends."

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:53 pm
Agree with mattyboy.......it will cause questions to be asked...please do not be embarrassed!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”