Moving Home

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
67 posts Page 4 of 5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:41 pm
Fabulous news - really pleased for you and Happy Birthday from me as well! Good luck for the future.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:05 pm
Thank you Breezy and Kallis, it's been a stressful few days waiting to hear but now I can breathe a sigh of relief! I understand that my IVA will still be on file until the completion of its term and my credit rating is shot but they don't really concern me as living in Spain they don't use UK credit ratings anyway and I don't intend to start looking for credit cards etc.
The future plan for us now is to move to a more suitable location with regards to my current disability, when the dust has settled, we have found an ideal property, that has been on the market some years, that we can renovate and that will allow us to rent out part of it as a holiday let and therefore supplement my pension to allow a better quality of life without credit!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:34 pm
Good luck with that and let us know how it goes. Mates rates for the holiday let :lol: :lol:
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:35 pm
Thanks Kellis, I'll keep you posted on the move and let you know when the holiday let is ready :wink:

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:36 pm
Oops Kallis! Grrr predictive text :evil:

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:30 pm
Hi all,
As I said in previous posts my f&f offer was accepted by my creditors and my IVA practitioners informed that it should take a couple of weeks to close my IVA. However, there is a problem! One of my creditors can't find the account information for the credit card I had with them! I don't have the card anymore and I can't access my card information from my app as the account was closed by New Day. The debt was bought by a debt recovery company. I gave this information to the practitioners but unfortunately the account hasn't been able to be traced! My question is what happens if New Day continues to be unable to trace my old account? This hold up is delaying the closing of my IVA 😩

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:10 pm
What a nightmare! Get your IP company to pull their finger out and get on top of it. Do you still have any paperwork hidden away for Newday? Your original paperwork should contain details of your debt.
Bob Marley.

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:18 pm
If Newday cannot substantiate your account with them and provide details to your IP then the IP might be able to invalidate any claim they have, over and above anything they have already been paid. Speak to your IP.
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:28 pm
Thank you Kallis and Breezy
Kallis, I don't have any paperwork or information regarding my old account. I destroyed my card months ago and as New Day closed my account once I was on an IVA I can't access the app and can't remember my log in details as I looked in with my thumb.
Breezy my IP have been trying to sort it out but they can only deal with the information they have. It's newday that's the problem, they sold on my debt and haven't kept records by the look of it! How long does an debtor have to make a claim before it becomes void?

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:27 pm
Hi all,
My apologies for not being around much, I’ve had a rather torrid time with regards to my IVA in recent months. After my f&f offer was accepted on the 28th July There was a problem with one of my creditors (New Day CC)not being able to find my account details with regards to the money I owed them.
After 3 months of badgering my IPs today I was informed that my completion report had been compiled and was with the insolvency practitioner for review before being issued in due course.
I have no idea what happened with New Day but I’m guessing the report will illuminate me.
I do have a couple of questions ; Is the the completion report the penultimate step before the issue of the certificate? What does the period between report and the certificate mean to me?
I would hate to think that I have more hoops to jump through before I can put this all behind me!

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:36 pm
Hi Dapples --- the report and certificate should be issued together. Quite often what we call a certificate is merely a paragraph on an A4 sheet, simply stating that you have complied with the terms of the IVA and that the IP, as Supervisor no longer continues to act. Quite the anti-climax really !
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:50 pm
Thanks Breezy!!
It does sound a little anti-climatic 🤣 and there was me hoping to frame it and hang it in the loo 😉
Fingers crossed that they do come together it's been long enough waiting for it to finish up.
I'm so glad I was able to submit a f&f when I did as the cost of living is starting to bite even here in Spain!

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:10 pm
Finally it’s happened!!

I received an email today, it was my long awaited completion report and certificate! My IVA is finally paid up and completed.
I’m not sure if I will be receiving a letter posted to me as I’m not in the UK. But I am so delighted with the email that I don’t care atm.
The fact I live in Spain now means the credit file held about me in the UK has little relevance. I know you should never say never but for the foreseeable future I have no plans to return full time to the UK.
I will put a post up in the success stories if only to share my experiences with the IVA process.
I wish to thank everyone who has helped and advised me on this forum. Your consultation has been invaluable!
Thank you all 😁😁😁

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:14 pm
Well done, DapplesES, and congratulations !

Onwards and Upwards :D

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:54 pm
Thanks Brezzy! I am so relieved to be done with all! 🥂🍾
67 posts Page 4 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”