Moving Home

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
67 posts Page 5 of 5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:05 pm
Great news!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:10 pm
Thank you Kallis3. I’m over the moon!! 😁

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:49 am
Hi All,
My apologies for not being on here much of late, I never intended to be someone that took all the advice and gave nothing back. It’s been a busy few months here for me!
I have some great news; we have managed to sell our cave house and have had an offer accepted on a much more suitable property!
It’s another cave house but much more wheelchair friendly. It needs some alterations and redecorating but eventually it will be a lovely home with plenty of outdoor space and also it will have a rental property to provide some extra income to supplement my pension income!
We are so happy, the last 2 years have been the darkest time of our lives! My sudden physical decline and financial problems have taken a terrible toll.
We still have a way to go before life becomes more stable and I can start to enjoy my retirement but there is light at the end of the very long tunnel we have been in.
My physical health issues may be permanent or hopefully can be resolved in time by the health services here in Spain but my mental health has greatly improved. Firstly by actually taking out the IVA then by the help and support of the people on this forum and obviously by finally bringing my IVA to a conclusion last year.
It still seems strange to be one day drowning in debt then to have a plan to deal with the debt, albeit a draconian plan, then finally be free of debt that I thought I would have for the rest of my life!
My future is looking so much brighter, financially and health wise. I’ve been too long trapped and confined in this house so the thought of being able to move around inside and out is like a new independent life!
I want to thank everyone here for their friendly advice and if anyone has concerns or has a similar situation to mine, running an IVA from abroad I am more than willing to help you with my experience, if I can! :D

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:58 am
Great to hear from you DapplesES and so good to hear that things are improving.

Yes, an IVA is 5 or 6 hard years. But, in the grand scheme of things, a small blip in time. Here's to things continuing to improve for you and yours. :D
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:12 pm
Hi,

Lovely to hear from you again and so pleased that things are heading in the right direction for you. Hopefully the Spanish health service can sort you out - no good relying on the NHS here at the moment!!

Good luck with the renovations and I hope this heatwave isn't bothering you too much.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

DapplesES

Post by DapplesES » Thu May 04, 2023 3:07 pm
Kallis & Breezy thank you, you both been very helpful to me.
Kallis the temperatures here last week were extreme, nearly 40c in April! That’s the kind of temperature we expect in August.
But for me at least being confined to the cave house meant that I was kept cool. It’s always 16-18c in a cave house 🙂 I will keep people on updated on my journey to a better life in the sun. It may not be strictly related to IVA but it can illustrate how life can change for the better once the pain of the IVA is over. Take it easy until later. 👍

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 04, 2023 5:31 pm
40 would be too hot for me! Please do keep updating us, it's always good to read how people are getting on with life after an IVA.
Bob Marley.
67 posts Page 5 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”