MP allowances

65 posts Page 2 of 5

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 17, 2009 4:02 pm
It's fully furnished so unfortunately she can't do that. I've just spoken to Dave, and she used to get a 25% discount, but the government reduced it to 10%.

Our local MP has said that if the allowances are changed he may be forced to go BR. Despite the fact he lives in Surrey, he has a second home in London with a £340k mortgage that he won't be able to pay without help if interest rates go up.

Altogether now - aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 17, 2009 4:02 pm
They should just have a set salary that takes into account that at times they will be working away from home.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun May 17, 2009 4:03 pm
It really does disgust me that some of these clowns actually think that just becasue the system allows for them to claim things,that its alright to do so.
£18000 for bookcases,I mean come on,surely Ikea could do them cheaper than that.
The system is very wrong but allowing Mp's to vote on how and when to change the system is also wrong.
For 16 years that I served in the RAF a panel of mp's decided what my payrise should be. Why dont they have an independant panel to review their pay and allowances.
And I bet that next time they get a payrise it will be an inflation buster to allow for all the expenses they are now too scared to claim!!!!

Scum the whole lot of them,and a more dishonest bunch of people you will struggle to find.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 17, 2009 4:04 pm
he could sell his second home and stop in a travel lodge. It's not as if they are thier 5 days a week.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 17, 2009 4:06 pm
I heard an MP justify his £400 claim that included shoes and nail varnish for his wife, as its an allowance and not expenses!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 17, 2009 4:07 pm
There should be an apartment block in London where all MP's are offered a furnished place where they can stay when they have to be in parliament. If they refuse, they should get no expenses towards any other homes.

The rest of us have to pay our own bills.

If I have to travel anywhere away from my normal place of work I have to jump through all sorts of hoops before I can get any money back.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun May 17, 2009 4:22 pm
I said the same thing at work the other day Jan,that surely it would be cheaper to build/buy up apartments to use rather than allow them extra to buy 2nd homes to then gain from the increase in house prices. Any increase in house value should be passed back to the treasurey.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:02 pm
Especially when they swap homes several times over the space of the time they are MP's.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:06 pm
And to think I have had 4 miles of my expenses claim stopped this month £1.60(my companies mistake not mine) If I was able to claim for gas electricity food I wouldn't be in an IVA

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun May 17, 2009 5:10 pm
It just goes to show some are very much more 'equal' than others. I dont remember voting them in to take the P**s.

They are all out for themselves, they couldnt care less about the stuggling and the needy. While the rest of us are struggling to live and make ends meet, bring our kids up, put food on the table and put petrol in our cars.

They travel to and from one of their houses, in one of their 3 jags, stop on the way to waitrose to stack all six houses full of food and wine, then claim back the petrol for the journey.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 17, 2009 5:12 pm
George Orwell was ahead of his time with Animal Farm!

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun May 17, 2009 5:15 pm
yes he was, I think they are all at it. If we got caught cheating on benefits or in our wages, we would be facing prison or the sack.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:23 pm
And don't forget that some of them travel all of 6 or 7 miles to their second homes from London! Costs a lot of money that!
Bob Marley.

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:30 pm
Kallis I forgot all that traveling they do poor things.

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 17, 2009 5:32 pm
They should have to travel on public transport [:D]
65 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “talking about ...”