much needed help

35 posts Page 2 of 3

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:56 pm
I too found the forum to be so helpful in my IVA set up, during the meeting and I'm still here after acceptance. I'm glad it's helping you and keep posting as we're all in or have been in the same boat.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:13 pm
Good luck to both of you ... just take it one step at a time ... no need to rush or panic ... and keep in touch with the Forum so that we can all support you.

Debbie
Debbie

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:25 pm
Got my appointment with Tina from Melanie Giles office for Monday but have had to change it to Tuesday - hope they won't mind. Wow this first step is a hard one and it is only going to get worse!:( Feeling very nervous again as so many things are running through my mind today - I have my car on HP with Peugeot I will have to give this up won't I?
When will this all end?

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Can I just ask, got my telephone appointment on Tuesday but 1 of my credit card payments are due this week - do I pay it? It's Virgin and if you don't they contact you like 5 minutes after it should have gone in!!! money is not available to me this month so I can't pay it anyway?? gosh I already feel sick for the forthcoming week. Once I have spoken to Melanie's team on Tuesday will they tell me what to say, also when I filled out the form over the internet I put in some wrong figures for incoming, I remembered more incoming than I put? So glad you guys are here to help me.
PS: Do you ever hear of companies saying no to an IVA, if so what would you do next??
When will this all end?

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:03 pm
Hey loubylou, don't panic, you will feel so much better after you've spoken to Tina. Tina will go through EVERYTHING with you and advise you what your options are and what to do about your creditors. Personally, I stopped paying them because I couldn't afford to even offer token payments. You may not have to give up your HP, again Tina will advise you. Honestly, once you have had the phone call you will feel more in control. Let us know how you get on, Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:04 pm
Loubylou, If you cannot afford to pay your creditors this month, then you cannot pay them. If you don't then they will start phoning, but either ignore the calls, or explain to them what you are doing and then put the phone down.

Some IVA's are rejected, but I have not seen many on here. I am sure that Melanie would not take you on unless she was sure that she could help you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:21 am
It might be sensible to just make token payments this month, whilst you are seeking advice and deciding upon a way forward. Although in the lon run it makes little difference whether you make token payments or not, at least it may stop some of the phone calls and letters in the meantime.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:56 am
thanks guys - have gone from dredding this call to looking forward to speaking to them. Speak soon x
When will this all end?

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:27 am
Why is my file showing that it looks like it's on fire??? very strange? do i need to archieve it??? when i sign in my file looks like its smoking?
When will this all end?

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:35 am
I think loubylou it is just to show it is a hot topic, you havent caught fire.

Ang xx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:37 pm
Had my telephone appointment today - very nervous but there was no need Tina was fab and explained all to me. I can't do an IVA unfortunately as I don't have enough left after all expenses. I have been living off nothing so far and bargaining around for the best food prices that I have got use to it and congratulate myself when I do the next week cheaper!!!! but she has put me in touch with Andy?? sorry hope that's his name for a DMP? I really hope I can do this, I don't think I was ready to hear no from Tina but this is only an interim until Jan, when my disposible income goes up. I think I can actually spare about 120 per month into my plan but I am petrified of hearing no again. please please say yes to me so I can sort myself out. Today I have opened up a new bank account, stopped my vodaphone account onto pay as you talk, gone onto an interest only mortgage for a little while and cut my home insurance down from 56.00 (which I thought was normal) to 19.00 with Sainsburys. so today alone I have just saved myself 190.00 a month???? got I feel good. Hope everyone is ok and I will report on my DMP when they call me. Bye guys x
When will this all end?

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:41 pm
good luck loubylou, I hope it all works out for you. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:44 pm
I am sure Andrew will be happy to help, and whilst this isn't the news you wanted, it is actually a reasonably common scenario whereby a temporary DMP to be followed by an IVA proposal a little later on is the best course of action.

Good luck.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:57 pm
That's a great idea, and you are in very safe hands with Andrew Graveson. Do keep us informed on progress and perhaps an IVA will eventually become a possibility for you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

loubylou10

Post by loubylou10 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:12 pm
Sorry guys 1 more question! Could a DMP be arranged and agreed with only about 120.00 to offer each month? (30k debt, 5 creditors) I would be able to offer more in Jan and be able to show I can live on a set amount each month?
When will this all end?
35 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “IVA creditors meeting soon: wish me luck!”