My BR Experience

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:51 pm
Hello all. Hope everyone is well.

Just thought i'd come on here and write down my experiences during BR, hoping that someone in a similar situation in the future will know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Its been a while since i have posted but my life has been pretty busy.

Anyway, i paid my last payment to moonbeever this month so after 3 years that is me done. Spoken to them and all is good.

Going BR was my only option. Me and my wife went BR on the same day. We made mistakes in the past and this was our only choice. I got great great help from Melanie Giles on here and she gave me advice during the whole process. Being a member on here also helped as any questions were always answered by either experts or people in similar positions.

When we filed for BR at the court the process was easy enough and no where near as daunting as i thought it would be. I did feel a shamed at the time but needs must.

The OR was great also. we went through debts/bills/expenses etc and they told me a set amount to pay to a company per month. Again this process was easy and they weren't greedy(if thats the right word) We had enough money to comfortably live. So much so that when my wife gave birth to my 2nd son, we didnt need to call to adjust budgets etc.

The process was easy enough to get through. obviously you are nervous but after its sorted the world is off your shoulders. NO letters/calls/emails. They all go and allow you to live your life.

Down side is obviously your credit score. this is a blessing in a way as you cant get in debt again. simples [:D]

I managed to get a Vanquis CC earlier this year. small credit limit. i use it to food shop once a month then pay it off in full. credit score increase.

I can not get a mobile contract though. i have tried 2 companies recently and have been refused. i already have a pay monthly contract with O2 from before BR but when their best deal is £15 worse than else where its hard to stay so im going pay as go.

Thats it really, just thought i'd write a little note incase someone wants some info from someone in same position as them. Its defo worth it if that is an option but remember its hard to get credit. I was lucky as i got to keep my mortgaged home as it was in -ve equatity. I have no doubts that i wouldnt be touched for a mortgage at present. Also kept car as needed it for work and wasnt worth taking apparently :)

I'd always say get help first. peoples situations are all different.

To the people who helped me at the begining, big thank you. Oscar has just turned 3 and Harry our 2nd turns one next month. We have moved out of our flat and now rent it out and moved into married quarters. I have been selected for promotion next year and have just(this week) become an uncle. Things did turn out well in the end. As you all said [:)]

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:24 am
What a great post, I am so pleased things have worked out so positively for you. Good luck with your promotion and I hope your ddebt free future is a very happy one.

I'm certain your post will reassure others especially in respect of the BR process, thank you for sharing.

Melanie is a wonderful person giving her valuable time to the forum to help both her own clients and others.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Karen.mg

Post by Karen.mg » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:49 am
Hi Navydog,,

I'm sure that anyone considering BR will be reassured by your post. It's great to hear positive stories on this forum.

Congratulations on your little one and I'm sure his birthday celebration will be fantastic as you have lots to celebrate, being debt free, your promotion, new home and being a first time uncle!

Enjoy your debt free future together, you've eared it xx

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:24 pm
A great post Navydog and I'm so pleased to read your update.

Please stick around as your advice and experience will be a valuable addition to the forum.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy may be the best option”