My Car is killing my IVA

7 posts Page 1 of 1

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:55 am
Ok so that is a bit of an exaggeration and very Tricia but 2007 seems to be the year of the car. I swear she has PMT almost permanently. I can't get rid of her as shes an asset but boy I wish she would she buckle up and conform to the budgets of the IVA. She only just re-passed her MOT last week and now she will rev but not keep her revs and promptly losing them again - not great for rush hour traffic and traffic lights! She kiinda shudders when yuo try and acelerate. GGGRRRRRRRRR...does she not realise that Christmas is coming up!!![:(!]

Rant over and I'll get back to doing my work, luckily my garage have agreed to slot her in this afternoon...[:)]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:02 am
Mine seems to think I am a bottomless pit of money - it cost me over £500 for the service (needed new emissions sensors) and he just passed the MOT but needed new brakes and tyres within 1000 miles so that cost me another £200. As much as I wouldn't want to get rid of him I do sometimes think a bike would be cheaper!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:06 am
I am actually contemplating cycling to work when I start my new position although everyone thinks I'm bonkers as it is approx 8/9 miles! But I should save a few pennies and lose a few pounds Bonus!!!! Or am I really just bonkers!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:12 am
We are relocating at work so I am planning on cycling in the summer as I can actually cycle down the towpath! It should be a nice ride, and hopefully I can get a bit fitter!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

johnz

Post by johnz » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:09 pm
Hey Skippy.

Just watch out for kids loitering around the thinner areas of the towpath. A guy I used to work reguarly ended up with him AND his bike in the canal due to a friendly helping push from these yobs!! We found it quite funny, but I doubt it's that much fun while it's happening to you.[:D]

Johnz
Johnz

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:28 pm
YEH!!!! & YIPPEE!!!!

My PMT car has been fixed at the cool price of £35.25 apparently it was a dirty throttle body! Whatever one of those is?

But still intending to cycle the long and uphill road to work!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:01 pm
That's really good news Lou - glad you got it sorted out cheaply!

I'll go very careful Johnz, and I'm going to wait until the spring as I'll have to cycle down the river road which is very dark before I even get to the towpath.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner: chat in 2007”