My creditors meeting is on Monday 7th September

194 posts Page 9 of 13

Max

Post by Max » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:50 pm
That picture was taken at Melanie's request just after he had "spoken" to Mercers on the telephone! J

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:53 pm
elv it brightens my day when I see him lol. I have heard they have to be controlled quite sternly otherwise they take over the house and see themselves as head of the household, with the other occupants being in THEIR care.
Last edited by Pennyless on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left!

Max

Post by Max » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:01 pm
Total kindness is the way to train them - they are highly intelligent - Max obeys commands without hesitation. He is genuinely a far better guard than a German Shepherd. We have a young boxer dog (given to my husband a few weeks ago) and Max and he are firm friends - he taught the dog to bark at strange sounds.Kallis 3 who posts on here is very fond of Max! J

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:02 pm
I think Max is beautiful, but I have to admit I'm scared of birds, especially ones with big beaks and talons!

Max

Post by Max » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 pm
If I were with him Skippy he would not hurt you - rather he would groom your hair and the lick you on the cheek when had finnished! J

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:17 pm
Skippy I'm petrified of birds, I'm the one who looks like they have tourettes or similar walking through town dodging pigeons. He is a beautiful bird though I have to admit
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:25 pm
Can I just reiterate that they key to Danny's case is finding out exactly why Northern Rock rejected the proposals. They are a creditor who take a lot of stick on this forum, but they do have a very well known criteria, and personally - given that we operate within the boundaries of that criteria - personally I very rarely experience rejecting votes. I too would be interested to learn why this has happened - but am absolutely sure there will be a good reason for it Danny - which your IP seems reluctant to discuss with you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:04 pm
Me to,, would like to know why NR dismissed Dannys IVA,, its worrying knowing that NR are one of my main creditors,, & I think our dividend will be lower than that of Dannys.

Still got everything crossed.

good luck Danny in what ever you decide,, keep us updated.
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

newtoallthis

Post by newtoallthis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:47 pm
Hi, myself and my husband have recently had our IVA approved and NR were actually our main creditor and agrred with a divident of 24p £. We had 14 creditors in total and all but one agreed and that was EGG.

Good luck to anyone in the process of IVA :)

danny4

Post by danny4 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:39 am
All we got told by payplan was that NR felt we could change our mortgage and pay more. They said we would need to ring NR to find out what they meant. NR wanted us to go to an interest only mortgage to be reviewed every six months but wanted us to speak to our creditors and arrange lower payments with them. Rang payplan back and payplan advised that they didn't think NR were going to agree to the IVA even if we changed to interest only.

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:12 am
Danny do you mind if I ask what the differance will be if you change from Repayment to Interest Only? As I have mentioned earlier I have moved to Interest Only which freed up £350 for my creditors (including NR). The move is temporary (12 months) and will be reviewed when it comes up to the end.

I think its unfair of Payplan to advise that even going onto Interest Only will not sway NR into agreement but in any event I would move onto Interest Only and give it a try.

If Payplan are right in their assumption then I would ask what further they could advise that you do in order to get the IVA approved...after all they are the ones negotiating your corner and I would envisage will have a good idea of what each and every creditor wants.

Good luck Danny.

danny4

Post by danny4 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:46 am
I think it was about £280 it freed up. I am asking Michael to look at it from McCambridgeduffy and see what he comes back with. I'm not ruling out going onto interest only but what happens if after the yearly review they turn round and say the deals off. What would then happen to the IVA as I would not be able to keep up the repayments.

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:59 am
Agreed it could pose a problem later down the line and I'm not sure what happens at each review. Hopefully an expert could clarify if successive applications for Interest only are successfull whilst in an IVA.

The reason I was placed on a "temp" interest only is that I can not satisfy the bank with a permanent alternative "payment vehicle such as an endowment policy to meet the shortfall in my mortgage but I am hoping that after the IVA I may be able to "remortgage" and return to Repayment only or in someway meet the extra payments for the 5 years on IVA or at least return to Repayment.

In any event I suppose in my position I have no alternative....if the IVA fails in any way then I couldn't afford the repayment and would be forced to sell. All up in the air at the moment.
Last edited by Pennyless on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:35 pm
Is your mortgage with Northrn Rock Danny? If so, it is widely known that they require people to change and I am therefore suprised that your IP did not mention this to you when the proposals were put forward. If your mortgage is not with Northern Rock, then you should check to see if your current lender will allow you to change over, as many will not and Northern Rock are likely to accept this.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

danny4

Post by danny4 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:18 pm
My morgage is with northern rock and this was never mentioned to me beforehand.
194 posts Page 9 of 13
Return to “a success story”