My Experience

4 posts Page 1 of 1

lisa1978

Post by lisa1978 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:05 pm
Good Afternoon

Just wanted to share with all you people thinking of going bankrupt my personal experience [:)]

I went bankrupt Sept 27th 07 and to be honest i have not found the whole process bad at all, i am paying an IPA but i got to keep my car that my parents took finance out for me and this was included in my income and expenditure, i was actually discharged on the 6th March 08 ( day after my 30th ) so all in all 5 months, i was paying £218 into my IPA but i have moved address and the nice people at the RTUL have dropped it to £123.00 per month.

I dont know if anyone is aware but the allowence for single people on household expenses is £163.00 per month and i was suprised to know the % to work out the IPA was 66% i thought it went up in 10's 50% 60% and so on ......

I just wanted all you people thinking or going through the early stages of bankruptcy its not as bad as you think, my only advice would be to be VERY honest about everything, my conduct helped me get the early discharge [:D]

Any questions im happy to help

Lisa xx
Lisa

vikivk

Post by vikivk » Thu May 15, 2008 8:26 am
Hi,

My experience was daunting but good. Luckily I had someone to help me fill in the forms and tell me how much to put down for everything or it would have been a nightmare!!! I was discharged after 6 months and only had one creditor who was hassling me. All in all I was very happy and now I have learn't my lesson, I even have savings!!!!

Viki
Things can only get better...

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Thu May 15, 2008 4:26 pm
I think they're trying out them all on you jane, lol
xx
It's nice to be back......

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 15, 2008 7:08 pm
It's changed again from this afternoon - entertaining for us if nothing else!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy”