My IVA company has been taken over

6 posts Page 1 of 1

funnymoney

Post by funnymoney » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:46 pm
Hello, Just stumbled across this forum, as feeling really quite dejected at the moment. I have been in my IVA for 2 years and a few months now, and i recently received some correspondence that the Firm I was dealing with have been taken over by another one. The first company were so personable, friendly and caring, this second one, is just a stone wall! I manage my money weekly and monthly via an excel spreadsheet and I literally have pennies left. Following submission of my 2nd review i received a letter stating that it would increase by over £200 WHAT!!!! I have not had any payrises, all my expenditure had gone up etc etc, so I called straight away, they said send a revised sheet with expenditure etc, and got another letter saying they have no recollection of this and that. Just generally very rude and wandering is there any worth in changing companies? Can you change companies infact?

Sorry, this may come across as just a whinge [xx(]
6 YEARS! and finally IVA COMPLETED! WOHOOO

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:54 pm
Hey funnymoney, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're having problems, which company are you with? Unfortunately you won't be able to change companies but if you post a few details of how they came to that figure we can help you further. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

funnymoney

Post by funnymoney » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:03 pm
Wow, thanks for the fast response.

I was with a company called PB recovery, and they have been taken over by Synergi

Basically what i can make out, they have taken a straight calculation income - expenditure = disposable
Disposable - 1 penny = new IVA payment.

With PB recovery, It was agreed that my wife's (who is not in IVA) Egg credit card payment can be acknowledged of £125 My gas and elec has gone up (am on pre pay) so no bills to show, but surely they watch the news, and my daughter now gets through uniform and school equipment so quick, But i dont keep every single receipt. PB recovery previously where completley understanding of all this and accepted all and put notes on the yearly review. But this year with Synergi, Just feels like im communicating with another debt firm again.

I was also shocked to read the breakdown statement that after 2 years of paying my monthly payment, my creditors still have not received any money!!! Why is that!

and breath

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:09 pm
Hey funnymoney,

Don't worry about the creditors not receiving money, they WILL get it.

I know a few forum members on here have complained about Synergie in the past so looks like you're not the only one. Fill in your new income and expenditure and if you're still not happy email it directly to your IP, don't deal with the call centre staff if you're having problems.

Hang in there and a technical expert will be able to advise you further. Good luck, you're in the right place here for support and advice so keep posting. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:21 pm
It is not really possible to change your IP - unless you make an application to Court and then you would need to have a very good reason.

Of course your wife must be allowed to pay her debts before she makes any contribution to creditors, so I suggest that you send them an income and expenditure account based on what you can afford and continue your contractual payments in the meantime.

I knew most of the staff at PB Recovery very well, and some of them now work for me, and I can vouch for their friendly caring nature. It was for those very reasons that I asked them to join me and my team.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

funnymoney

Post by funnymoney » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:12 pm
Thank You very much Melanie, really appreciate it. Ok I will revise a new income and expenditure and send it to them, and yes i have always maintained my payments, would not mess that up, But what do I do , when they are asking me to prove my increase in childs clothing? and my increase in electricity and gas (which is prepay) I have not kept receitps, but obviously now I will, But it just seems absurd, if my daughter grows out of shoes in 3 months, I have to buy a new pair!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”