My meeting is next tuesday, 31st July

11 posts Page 1 of 1

hr1350

Post by hr1350 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:57 pm
My meeting is next tuesday (scared) and had a talk to one of my creditors this afternoon. They said they are not able to stop any actions on the account or charges until a court date has been set (if the IVA meeting is successful) after the meeting and they said this could be 4 weeks time.

So the question what happens after the creditors meeting is that when the agreement starts or is another date set at a court?

In over my head looking for somewhere to turn
In and IVA and looking forward to the future

zoe

Post by zoe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:58 pm
What rubbish!
Once your IVA is approved everything stops from then!
who was this creditor?
x

Zoe
x
Keep your chin up - everything happens for a reason!
View my blog http://zoes.blogs.iva.co.uk/

hr1350

Post by hr1350 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:03 pm
I am a bit wary of saying on here after reading how some people have noticed creditors saying thing that have been written on here. But it my main creditor which is a bit worrying but I have to say they have been the most "off" when talking to them of all the creditors.

So far 3 have sent a letter telling me they are aware I am entering into IVA process, one even said they would have to close the account as I have entered an IVA!!!

I have to say so far everything has been a lot less stressful that i thought. I have booked the a few day off work including meeting day so will be keeping myself busy, thankfully the meeting is set for 11:30.

zoe

Post by zoe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:05 pm
HR1350
The people you are speaking to are trying to scare you into making a payment! Rest assured it will not be them voting at your meeting they are just call centre staff who are probably working on commission!!
Z
x

Zoe
x
Keep your chin up - everything happens for a reason!
View my blog http://zoes.blogs.iva.co.uk/

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:46 pm
Hello hr1350,

I know that this is a scary time but try and stay calm, your are doing everything you possibly can to solve your debt problem. Dont let anyone make you think otherwise.

Just out of interest who are your creditors and how much are you offering to pay back ?

Best of luck for the 31st July [:D]

Best Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

hr1350

Post by hr1350 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:21 pm
Hi
thanks for the replies so far, I am now off work until next thursday and have things planned to keep me busy! Creditors are Cahoot, Egg, Capital One, Goldfish, First Direct, Citi and American Express (AMEX?) paying back 34p in the £.

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:54 pm
Hi Hr all the veryy best wishes for a good result next week try to keep cool fingers crossed for you mate.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

hr1350

Post by hr1350 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:03 pm
Thanks although after reading the forum this evening I get more nervous I think I might stay off it for a few days. My biggest worry is any modifications they want, I have put forward a proposal paying the most I can. I do feel that upping the monthly payment be to much (or any at all) would be hard.

I have read with interest other who have stuck to there guns on the proposal. If I was to go bankrupt they would get nothing back so I just hope they see it as a option for getting the most they can back. I am also nervous on who will vote yes I don't have MBNA as a creditor and they seem quite hard to vote yes but do have AMEX who I hear are quite difficult.

I think the advantage is that I am not behind my months and months with my creditors and have only stopped paying when I started the process. I expected call after call but touch wood I have had very few calls. But then I never know if thats a good or a bad thing, I want them to phone me to say yes we are voting in favour.

What was nice today was it was pay day and it was the first day my Think Banking account was in use. As i am currently not paying back any creditors it was a surprising nice amount transferred to my card account.

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:13 pm
Everyones situation is different you have put your best offer forward and that is all you can do.
I remember that first transfer on our think banking ac too it was nice and still is every pay day because every pay day we know the bills are apaid and the rest we live on life is so much easier without the juggling.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:07 am
hr1350

I know from experience that this is a very difficult time but you should continue to visit the site. Its up to you if you post but reading other peoples experiences can often help.

Good luck for next week.

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

hr1350

Post by hr1350 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:34 am
See this is me not posting[:D]

This forum is a god send in all honesty for support and information. I am not sure if more bad stories get told than good because as they say have a good experience tell one person have a bad one tell 10.

Another good thing that happened is I think for the first time for years I have paid money into a savings account, might only be the £50 contingency but its £50 more in savings than I have had before lol.

A question again, if 75% of creditors vote yes without modification but one creditor will not vote yes unless a modification is made does that one creditor have the ability to stop the whole process or would the 75% vote take precedent?

Read with interest today the Bank and OFT are going to court today about bank charges, as and when the IVA is approved my next step is to try and claim back some of the charges (which accelerated my problems) back.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for august”