My mess of an IVA

2 posts Page 1 of 1

Devilish

Post by Devilish » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:51 am
Hi everyone

I set up my IVA about 2 years and a couple of months ago, so i'm half way through, which is great.
I signed on with Freeman Jones for my IVA, and started paying £290 a month to clear my debt, when they realised they mucked up the payments, and i wasn't paying enough for 6 months (that long) and i had to up the payments to £320. (it's increased to £345 soon after that.) I took a couple of payment holidays to pay off huge monthly problems, £800 car service bill, urgh.

Before my IVA started, i switched to Lloyds TSB, and to my (shock/horror) given a Visa Delta Platinum card to use. Thank god i have no overdraft facility. My IVA company has never looked at lloyds, in over 2 years, and don't intend to by the looks of it. (even though i've talked to them about it.)
Within the last week or so, i went to experian to look at my credit score, out of 1000 (as is) to see what it was like. and to my suprise was in the 800 bracket (not giving the exact) and rating was fair. Why is this?

Is it because i've been paying a fee on my debit card? (been doing this for 2 years, with no problems). Also beware lloyds for other reasons - last month they offered me a Mastercard & American express credit cards and said my credit rating was excellent. Also offered a £15,000 loan to pay off my IVA - but i said no - (keep me in debt for longer.)

Freeman jones have been of little help to be honest. They set it up, no problem, but ive only spoken to them less than half a dozen times in 26 months. It's almost like i've got a free leash to do what i feel like, although i'm realistic and want to get out of debt the right way, and not go mad. And keeping my finances well under control, which has been very easy for me, and the IVA has done wonders for me, and i'm pleased.

If anyone knows why lloyds tsb is giving me everything under the sun, please let me know.

Rich
IVA Completed!

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:52 am
Devilish.
One thing to remember is that you can,t take out credit whilst in an IVA,as you probably know.
Sometimes a mail shot is sent and it appears that they are offering you credit but if you were to actually apply you would be turned down due to the IVA on your file.
Keep the good relationship that you have with Lloyds and once your IVA is over you can start to rebuild your credit file,if you want to.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for july”