My mother-in-law is an angel

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:55 am
Hello everyone - hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Well after 2 years of threats my dishwasher finally packed up and died on us (it was 9 years old and had had heavy usage) so it looked like my other dishwasher had to be brought back into action (he wasn't too happy about it - but the rules are I cook, he washes!)

Just got a lovely suprise, my wonderful daughter told granny what had happened and my lovely, generous mother-in-law has just phoned me to say she's purchased a brand new dishwasher and that it was being delivered next Saturday (she's comfortable but certainly not rich and only has pension to fall back on - can't get over it, how kind is that??)

We weren't even thinking of buying a new one (and even if the thought had crossed our minds, we couldn't possibly ask for a payment break for it, we've just started our payments! besides a dishwasher may be considered a luxury rather than a necessity)

Just wanted to share this with you lovely people - nice things do happen to us as well. [:)]

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:59 am
That is lovely Simbel, I am so pleased for you, nothing worse than washing up is there? I love my dishwasher too.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:03 am
Simbel - how lovely!

What a lovely mother-in-law.

I'd hate to be without my dishwasher as well!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 am
I leave home very early in the morning (4.45 am and get home around 8.30 pm) so we find that our dishwasher really is a necessity rather than a luxury.

She is lovely - I'm very lucky, got two for one bargain when I got married! not only did I get a lovely husband, but his mum is priceless as well!![:D][:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 am
Blimey Simbel - you're out for a long time aren't you?

Couldn't do those hours at all.

Your MIL sounds like a real treaure.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Simbel

Post by Simbel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:35 am
They are long hours, we leave home at 4.45 to beat the traffic and congestion charge into London. Can't work locally - pay wouldn't be enough. Can't get the train as it's four of us (although half way through the week Kids decide to stay with nan) all the same even if it was just me and the hubby - still couldn't afford the train fares, a season ticket is almost £4,500 EACH. However, I don't think I could move back into London, it's all so stressful and busy and packed - I like green fields, trees and birds chirping so what better place to live than the Garden of England, although in the winter I only get to see those things and hear the birds at the weekend (we leave in the dark and get home in the dark!)[:D]
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”