My Partner is Pregnant

24 posts Page 2 of 2

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:04 am
Hi James
I think Melanie has said that you should speak with your IP and ask them for a variation meeting to reduce your payments.If they do not agree to this then you have the option of bankruptcy.
Good luck
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:13 am
If you are thinking purely of the economics of it then you are likely to pay even less if you go bankrupt as the OR is often more generous with expenditure allowances than the creditors are during an IVA.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

bomandi

Post by bomandi » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:12 pm
Hi there, I recently found out I am pregnant, and I told my partner who has an IVA. He has basically said if I am to keep the baby then he has no choice then to go bankrupt and this could result in him losing his job as he works in the public services. I find this a bit hard to believe, can you please confirm to me if this would indeed happen. He is putting a lot of pressure on me to abort the baby, and I want to know all the facts before I take such a drastic step. Thank you for any help

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:19 pm
Your Partner should contact his IP immediately and discuss this at length. Many people in IVAs have children during the course of these agreements and creditors are often sympathetic to variations or potential extensions in these circumstances. Also don't forget that you will be entitled to child benefit payments and potential tax credits to help with the cost of the child.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:39 pm
Hi Bomandi, as Oliver says your partner needs to speak to his IP as soon as possible to find out what his options are. At the end of the day you need to do what is right for you and not be pressured into doing something that you don't want to do. Good luck x

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

mick.i

Post by mick.i » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:22 pm
Hi Bomandi,
It is not impossible for your partner and his IP to work things out and come to an agreement.
More importantly do "YOU" want to keep the baby?
Last edited by mick.i on Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neil277

Post by neil277 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:41 pm
Hello.

I feel Melanie is right we only have one life and you have to grab it with both hands, getting Pregnant is not easy it took two years for my wife, our baby will be born 29th February 2008.

My I.V.A stands at 414.00 per month which is low compared to others on this site but i will not allow my I.V.A to spoil our happiness or stand in our way.

I.V.A never goes down but can go up but 414.00 which i can handle and babies do cost money more than the Government offer.

I feel you have make a choice look to the future and don't worry about money, this debt problem we have too day is man made, the biggest problem is next year! debts will spiral out of total control, take your chance now for happiness.

Regards.

Neil Allen

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:48 pm
Hi
Well said and good luck
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

heva81

Post by heva81 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:39 pm
Hi, i'm so glad someone bought up this thread!
My partner is in process of storting out IVA, in the endless paperwork stages! we have an 8month old daughter, when we found out i was pregnant we applied of IVA but said he wouldn't be able to start then as our circumstances would be changing in a few months. so he got put on debt management, which did stop all hassle from creditors, and was easily reduced during my maternity leave. now i'm back at work full time and we know what money is left over the IVA will be started (hopefully).
Its quite right that child benifit and tax credits do not pay much towards the upkeep of a baby but she's never and will never go without. we go to boot fairs for her clothes (belive me designer clothes worth £30 in shops for 20p!!) bought Real Nappys- saves loads and helps envirnoment!! Ebay- fantastic for furniture. Oh and breast feed as long as you can cuz formular costs so much!!! hehe
Babies can cost a fortune its true but there are so many ways to save money. and i was one of those who seriously considered putting off another child until iva was complete because of costs, but knowing that te iva is reveiwed regularly has put my mind at rest. i mean we'd really like Eliza to have a sibling with a decent age gap.
KIT- do you or your partners company have a childcare voucher scheme? my company already had one in place but my partner nagged and nagged his works and its now been introduced. it does save us around £150 a month in nursery fees, even a childminder would be able to accept them as long as they are Ofstead approved (which i guess by the hours you work you would have to choose- also i believe they are a lil cheaper than nurseries).
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”