My son works on an island just north of Australia and I am dealing with paperwork.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

David.th

Post by David.th » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am
Hello there. I wonder if anybody can help me. My son started his IVA with Grant Thornton back in January 2008. He has paid £709 a month and has never encountered any problems. We received a letter dated 16th January 2013 stating that all payments have now been made and therefore his certificate should be produced to him in 6 months time. However we also received a letter dated the 15th January 2013 from the same person at Grant Thornton that Max Recovery have made a claim against the IVA?? My son has no idea as to what this would relate to but it seems strange that this letter was dated a day before the completion letter. As my son currently works on an island just north of Australia, I am dealing with all the paperwork but obviously Grant Thornton will not talk to me, nor do I really wish to speak to them. Additionally, GT also stated that the last payment due was £54 but they still tried to take £709

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:46 am
Hi. Does your son have internet access ? If so he could email Karol, from GT on IVACustomerServices@uk.gt.com putting only "IVA Forum" in the subject line.

He could then ask for a full explanation by email or, alternatively, authorise them to speak to you.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

orange

Post by orange » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm
max recovery buy debt from others if you can i would cancel direct debit until this is sorted ,not sure if they can claim at last minute ? maybe was just a statement ? bit bad of GT if they can claim at this late stage x good luck
completed july 2011

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm
Agree with Foggy - contact Karol before doing anything about cancelling a DD just in case.

Your son can email GT to authorise you to deal with his paperwork on his behalf which is what I suggest you do.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 pm
Why not get your son to give you authority to speak with his IP on his behalf. This may be the quickest way to get things resolved for him.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 am
David.th - as Melanie has suggested, if your son can provide authority to Grant Thornton this will be the quickest way to resolves issues as we can deal directly with you.
Kind Regards
Karol
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”