My wife has just inherited money, does it need to pay my sole IVA off ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
40 posts Page 2 of 3

D.22

Post by D.22 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:19 pm
oh sorry with have 80 for fuel monthly,none for hair 20 for mot ect monthly, 30 for glassess and dentist a month thats it none for cloths either or we wont have enough to pay into the iva

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:24 pm
You should have a clothes allowance as well. Do you have a small allowance for social activities.

Do you have any children or pets?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

D.22

Post by D.22 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:28 pm
i have a 20 yearold and 18 yearold who contribute to income which is taken into account they dont contribute a lot as 1 is on low wages and one is on maternity allowance and no pets but everyone is accounted for

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:32 pm
I have no idea what their current allowances are now. I know we had a lot more than you appear to have.

Some companies even allow a smoking allowance.

I still find it hard to believe that you are expected to feed a family of four for £40 a week.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

D.22

Post by D.22 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:35 pm
see i thought id ask as my motherinlaw died 4 days ago and we want a little bit of money for the funeral just to buy a wreath but we still needed to pay the iva so left us with no extra cash,

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:38 pm
I am sorry to hear of your loss - it must be very hard.

How is the funeral being paid for? Do you need to ask for a payment break to fund it?
Bob Marley.

D.22

Post by D.22 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:44 pm
the actual funeral is being paid for from the estate but we still need to buy a wreath ,i had a payment break when the cooker broke and we had to buy a new one so i cant have another payment break they said

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:50 pm
Aty least that's one worry off your mind. As far as I was aware you could have more than one break but we only ever needed one and made the payments up shortly afterwards.

Do you go into their online service Payplan plus? You can email your case worker via that and I do suggest that you do all correspondence in writing.
Bob Marley.

D.22

Post by D.22 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:53 pm
ok il do that see what they reply thankyou

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:56 pm
Keep us informed as I'll be interested to see how you get on.
Bob Marley.

D.22

Post by D.22 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:57 pm
will do

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:02 pm
the income & expenditure pay plan have you on is so tight, I don't know how you survive or indeed how anyone does in a payplan budget. perhaps it might be worth getting some advice on the allowance limits from someone like michael at mccambridge Duffy, he will let you know what they are.

I also think definitely worth looking at what he said about your wife making an offer to settle her debts, rather than paying off her whole debt but an offer an amount (less than balance) to settle all amounts as partially satisfied.

I would however get the advice from someone other than payplan who appear to be giving you not only duff advice but also duff income and expenditure allowances.

why on earth would they say she has to pay her money into your IVA - is it because they want their cut !!?? it's outrageous !
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 pm
Have to say that we had no problem with Payplan at all but these allowances do seem to be way too tight.
Bob Marley.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:44 pm
This is exactly what PP tried with us when planning an iva. No allowances for anything other than our direct debits. Ive said it before on this forum when topic cropped up. You definately need to review your budget and get copy of potential allowances from michael. How you guys have got this far i do not know. Sory to hear of your loss. It must be a very difficult time not to mention having the financial questions hovering around too. Take care and hope you get some true and suitable advice.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:10 am
Hi, I do agree your allowances are tight and I do hope you get some payment reduction allowed to buy a wreath for your MIL. Condolences to you and your family.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
40 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”