Name in paper - again!

9 posts Page 1 of 1

rachel33

Post by rachel33 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:38 am
Hello everyone,
It's such a long time since I have been in touch and since then both myself and my husband have been discharged from our bankruptcy and are starting our new lives again. I have had a letter today though to say that my name will be in the local paper as there is money left over from the house sale, I understand they have to do this but this is just bringing back all that stress again, I'm probably worrying for no reason but when you think this is all behind you and then you start thinking about people knowing again you can't help it. My court wasn't in my local papers area but this advert will be so more people will see this. Sorry I know it's a bit petty but I was really starting to sort myself out and this feels like a total set back.
Rachel

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:43 am
Rachel, really sorry and it is not petty at all. It will definately be over and finshed for good soon. XX

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:43 am
dont fret rachel, its tomorrows fish an chip wrapper, not everbody reads these things

rachel33

Post by rachel33 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:46 am
Thank you Marie and Michael, hopefully this will be the final end to it all, I should frame it really!
Rachel

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:50 am
Why - this does not make sense. Who has told you that your name is going to be in the paper again? The only advertisement that should be necessary if there is money to distribute is the notice of intended dividend payment, and this will only be relevant if there is to be money to send on to creditors. How much surplus is available following the sale?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

rachel33

Post by rachel33 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:53 am
Hiya Melanie,
I will have to read the letter through again when hubby gets home - he's a postman and read it over the phone this morning. Not sure how much surplus - is this classed as a dividend payment when money is left over after the sale of the property? the property was sold a good six months ago so I didn't expect to hear anything more really.
Thanks
Rachel

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:02 am
The dividend payment can only be made if there are surplus monies available after all costs of the bankruptcy have been discharged, including the Trustee's own fees. Do you know how much money was left?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

rachel33

Post by rachel33 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:10 am
No I don't yet Melanie, to be honest we have never been told anything about the house sale, we only knew it had been sold because we live nearby. I am asuming everything has been paid otherwise they wouldn't have wrote and told me this? Never mind, as I say this should be the final end to it all. We have a lovely home now and we are rebuilding our lives, anyone says anything I will just say Yes! it's me!
Thanks again
Rachel

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:32 am
chin up rachel
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”