Name removal off IVA Register

4 posts Page 1 of 1

SM988

Post by SM988 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:08 am
Good morning guys ,

I hope everyone is well. Just joined today although have referred to the forum many times over the past few months and has been a great source of information.

So I entered into a one time payment IVA back in October 20 my IP issued a completion certificate just over a month ago and I just really want to know will he automatically apply to have my name removed from the register within 3 months of the completion? I have asked him on numerous occasions but he just totally ignores my emails.

The service he offered (Well his colleagues offered) was brilliant they did exactly what they said they were going to , so I don't want to make a big issue out of it, however I would just like to know when my name will be removed and if I need to do anything ,

Any help would be much appreciated ,

Simon

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 16, 2021 11:13 am
When he sent your completion paperwork to you he will ( should) have sent a copy to the Insolvency Service and they will remove your entry on the Insolvency Register within three months of getting that (usually three months to the day, although they quote "up to" ).

You can check your entry and drill down through your name for details ... it should show "completed", rather than "active", which will confirm that they have been notified. This is assuming that you are actually on the Register --- When I did my IVA it took me 6 months to actually appear there ! Of course, with covid related delays, having been only a month since the certificate was issued, things might be delayed a little.

Be aware, though, that the IVA will remain on your credit reference agency files for 6 years from the start date.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

SM988

Post by SM988 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:45 am
Sun May 16, 2021 11:13 amFoggy wrote:
When he sent your completion paperwork to you he will ( should) have sent a copy to the Insolvency Service and they will remove your entry on the Insolvency Register within three months of getting that (usually three months to the day, although they quote "up to" ).

You can check your entry and drill down through your name for details ... it should show "completed", rather than "active", which will confirm that they have been notified. This is assuming that you are actually on the Register --- When I did my IVA it took me 6 months to actually appear there ! Of course, with covid related delays, having been only a month since the certificate was issued, things might be delayed a little.

Be aware, though, that the IVA will remain on your credit reference agency files for 6 years from the start date.
Hi Foggy ,

Thanks so much for the detailed response. and that's reassuring to know that it (Should) be taken care of by the IP..... My name is on the register already, so I guess just need to sit back and wait for the 3 months to complete and then it should no longer be there.

If it's still showing after then I will have to send them a formal recorded letter.

Really appreciate your advise ,

All the best ,

Simon

SM988

Post by SM988 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:52 am
Jusct checked again and it still shows at active , from 6 weeks ago completion...
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”