Nat West

23 posts Page 1 of 2

Brucelee

Post by Brucelee » Mon May 10, 2010 1:29 pm
I have applied for an IVA and the wheels are in motion. I have left my old bank and I went to Nat West. When I applied for an account there were no problems with credit rating so they gave me a current account. Will they take this from me if I get accepted for an IVA?

Thanks

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon May 10, 2010 1:52 pm
I have never heard of this happening with NatWest. Other banks do operate such a policy but hopefully you will be fine.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 10, 2010 2:38 pm
I opened a natwest account prior to commencing with my IVA and it's still running perfectly. I like the account more than my previous bank (HSBC). Customer Care is good and basically can't see me changing post IVA x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Brucelee

Post by Brucelee » Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm
Thanks.
I told her about my situation and that I wanted just the basic account, to be honest at first she had a tone of voice which made me feel like a loser. Then she inputed my details and even with my bad credit she said "Computer says YES" which to be honest I havent heard for a long time. She then said the computer recommended I have a different account to the basic one, I said that I only need a basic but she was adamant that I shouldnt take the basic account. So, I just hope they dont change their mind.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 10, 2010 3:01 pm
So long as you've no overdrafter Brucelee you'll be fine. I have a full Smile account and requested the Overdraft was removed and it was. I only use this if I need a cheque for daughters school so whatever goes in as a deposit is debited once the cheque clears.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Brucelee

Post by Brucelee » Mon May 10, 2010 3:22 pm
Oh. I have already requested no overdraft and I dont need a checkbook either. I have taken the mobile insurance though as its cheaper than O2.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 10, 2010 3:25 pm
Yes I noticed the mobile insurance was cheaper and I would imagine it's a good cover but only having the Step Account I don't qualify for the phone I have but maybe one day I'll be able to take advantage of it. x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon May 10, 2010 4:55 pm
Beware the mobile insurance! Dave had an Advantage Gold account up until recently and tried to claim and it was a nightmare. He phoned up and they sent a form so he could describe the fault, which he returned to them.

They said once they received the claim form they would consider whether they would accept the phone for repair, but it didn't even get that far as they wouldn't go any further without a letter from Vodafone confirming that he was actually the owner of the phone. When he asked why they said it was to make sure he wasn't returning someone else's phone and claiming off his insurance!

He told them to forget it (he was due an upgrade anyway) and cancelled the Advantage Gold account as you don't get a lot for your money and the mobile insurance was the only reason he was keeping it.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:11 pm
I've never taken out mobile insurance. My phone is covered by my contents insurance.

I would always recommend that people check if they would be covered for this rather than paying out extra if they don't have to.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon May 10, 2010 5:42 pm
Unfortunately ours aren't, and even if they were we've got £150 excess on our contents insurance as no-one wanted to insure us as we live on a flood plain!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:00 pm
That's a lot of excess!

We are lucky that we have no excess at all on our policy and the phone is covered for full price.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 10, 2010 9:10 pm
My phone definitely isn't covered on home insurance, good point about Natwest insurance though Skippy thanks for that x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:14 pm
It's something that has always been covered by my insurance, as is everything in the house.

No excess either.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 10, 2010 9:20 pm
is that for mobile breakdown Jan or just loss/stolen? x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Lost/stolen or damaged. At the moment, if it is breakdown then I'm still covered under manufacturers guarantee.
Bob Marley.
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “bank accounts and credit cards”