Nat West

23 posts Page 2 of 2

Brucelee

Post by Brucelee » Mon May 17, 2010 9:01 am
Well. I recieved a letter from NatWest on Friday revoking my bank account and saying they do not wish me to bank with them and refuse to discuss it further. The letter made me feel like a criminal. For 25 years I have always been careful with my money and I have made a few mistakes and get treated like this. I WISH the banks had this treatment when they cock up!!

Well on a good note the Co Op accepted me so I will go into the branch today and sign up.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:31 am
That's not good. I know they have done it in the past, but why they should differentiate between people I don't know. I know Lesley banks with them and she's had no problems.

Good news about the Co-op though.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 am
That is a new one on me and if it happens again we may have to warn our clients when they are opening new accounts. Hopefully it is a one off.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Brucelee

Post by Brucelee » Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 am
Im a little fed up because I have a feeling if I had insisted on the basic account this may not have happened:(

I wish they would at least tell me why. PAh!

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 17, 2010 3:49 pm
That is not good, as Jan says I do bank with them and to date have had no problems I only hope they've not changed their policy and write to me later on! I do have a back up account which I would normally only use to deposit money in to cover daughters school costs but could easily change it to my main one I think.

Glad the Coop said yes and I know a lot of posters are more than happy with this account. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Brucelee

Post by Brucelee » Mon May 24, 2010 9:20 am
Thank you Co-Op!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:21 am
I take it they've given you an account?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 24, 2010 4:13 pm
It sounds like it and I do hope so as that would be a good result for the poster and another positive for the Co-op.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “bank accounts and credit cards”