National Strategy for Financial Capability

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Beechy

Post by Beechy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:59 pm
Has any one heard of this. I was listening to the money program on Radio 4 on Saturday and there was a chap from the FSA on talking about it.

As part of the National Strategy for Financial Capability they are trainingg midwives to talk to pregnent women about their financial situtaion in the future. Does this actually happen

Also looking at the FSA web site they have a schools educational program. Interestin concept has antbody got any feed back?

Dave Beech

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:11 pm
doubt it happens in school.my youngest (10) thinks I can pay on a plastic card when I say I can't afford it.No concept that the money has to be there to take it (mother has also had this misconception in the past though[:I])As for a midwife asking that question??? Why would they? im sure they just about have the capacity to ask if baby and mum are ok and not do a finacial review in thier spare time cat

Beechy

Post by Beechy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:49 pm
Just ahd another quick look at the FSA site looks like they target age is 14 to 19

Dave Beech

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:04 pm
I thought that maybe they were targeting babies in the womb if midwives were asking the questions!!![:D]

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Beechy

Post by Beechy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:13 pm
The FSA appear to have some grandious plans but i dont think it includes that. But who knows.

Extract from the site:

If you go on to the site they have a debt test Just answer a few simple questions about you and your finances, and we will tell you whether you should worry about how much you borrow;
give you some tips on how to avoid debt problems; and help you to tackle your debts if you are in trouble.

Dave Beech
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Latest IVA News”