Nationwide and Vodafone in bankruptcy

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:33 pm
Hi everyone ... sorry not to have posted for a while, I have been off supporting my daughter in having her new baby which has all been a bit traumatic as my daughter is diabetic, but daughter and new baby granddaughter are now doing well and it helps to put life into perspective!

Just a question re bankruptcy. Am I correct in thinking that in cases of bankruptcy the OR notifies the bank etc. and then it is up to the bank as to whether they decide to keep the account open? My account is currently with Nationwide, just a basic cash card account, does anyone have any experience of their response to bankruptcy? Likewise the repsonse of Vodafone? Does the OR notify everyone including utilities providers?

With very best wishes to all and especially to the 'experts' here who do such a wonderful job :)

Debbie
Debbie

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:15 pm
Your understanding of the procedure is correct Soulgrowth and thank you for your kind words about the "experts".

The OR will inform utility companies if there are any debts owing to them, but if you are up to date with your payments then there is no need for this to be done.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:21 pm
Thanks as always Melanie :)

Debbie
Debbie

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:28 pm
Hi
Im BR and with Vodafone, when I told them I was BR - they immediatly put me on to pay as u go, my 'other' mobile contract ( for my daughter ) was stopped by the OR ..

Pay as U go is ok .. no problem with it and vodafone let me keep the same number.

Slainge
Mish
Early Discharge is not an illness !

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:32 pm
Thanks Mish :)
Debbie
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for august”