NationWide

24 posts Page 2 of 2

Summer.08

Post by Summer.08 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:09 pm
Hi, my partner has just been approved his IVA today. He was with Barclays bank but due to one of his debts being a Barclaycard he was advised to change banks before the IVA was approved just incase.
He now has a new account with Nationwide, same bank as me so hopefully everything will be fine from now on.

coldo

Post by coldo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 pm
digging up an old tread here... Appolojies for this. I have just entered a Trust Deed (scotish version of an IVA) in the past few weeks. We had opened accounts prior to this with both Nationwide (standard full Felx account with no OD) and a CoOp account (standard full accoutn with no OD). No debt is linked with either of these accounts.

I received a letter from the CoOp today to say they have been notified of the TD and are closing out my account. My received the same letter.

Does anyone know if the Nationwide will also do this?

Im going to apply for a back up second basic account with RBS tonight to give me options. Im just worried as my sallary, DD's etc all come off nationwide and loosing the account will be a proper nighmare.

Coldo

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum. As far as I am aware Nationwide, while they won't open an account for anyone who is BR or in an IVA, do not routinely close accounts that are already open.

Could you make an anonymous phone call to their customer services to double check?

coldo

Post by coldo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 pm
Thanks for the responce Skippy.

I think a call will be in order to them as sugested.

On a serparate note, is it ok to be on this site given im in a Trust Deed and not an IVA or BR?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Hi Coldo. Of course you are welcome with a TD -- some of our other posters have / had them :-)

Co-Op will have closed your account as they will only allow us unclean a Cashminder account -- it might be worth having a word with them and asking if your account could be made a cashminder, rather than closure.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:04 pm
Nobody is excluded from this site so do stay and join us.

I wasn't aware you could only have Cashminder account with the Co-op and they closed other accounts? you learn something new everyday here!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

coldo

Post by coldo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:21 pm
Well, Opened up my RBS basic bank account no problem this moring. As I have has a savings account with them with the grand total of 3.18 in it they did not need to do any security checkss on me and processed the account right away.

Interestingly (I finaly set up interent banking with them also today) i was also able to see I have a second savings account with nothing in it which I knew nothing about and a joint savings account with nothing in it.

I will adviod using the joint saving account as my wife has included RBS in her creditors list (they are not in mine) so any money put in there could I supose be taken towards her debt.

On the plus side, finding I have these two dormant savings accounts means I can start puting asside very modest amounts from our monthly expences for annual costs like our MOT's etc. Anything to help get my money on the straight and narrow.

My wife is going to switch to the COOP basic account so that we always have options if nationwide ever decide to auto close out account due to the TD.

Banks... Cant live with them can functions without them!

sponge

Post by sponge » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 pm
vito

I take it the no monies are owed to nationwide. If you have a nationwide flex account, I believe you cannot have a cash card account which has a visa debit card (just can't draw cash form abroad)as well, not sure why just cos it says so on their website
If you have an IVA you cannot get a Felx account, but as you have one I really don't know the outcome
But if you have and IVA you should be able to open cash card account with the almost proper VISA debit card as I did.

For me I think it's a great account to have, even though I finished my IVA circa two years ago. I lived without an overdraft for 6 years so I don't need one now, and gives me full banking facilities for not a bean, other than the cash that goes in it!

let us know the outcome

However if you do owe them money find another provider!

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:56 pm
hi there

hope ive understood properly

I opened my account with Nationwide 3 months before i commenced my IVA and now some & years since opening it never had a problem, either now or in my IVA. I occasionally was asked in the branch if i wanted to upgrade my account to the flexaccount that has the full debit card but each time computer said no, but this never affected me having an account with them. I have a cashcard+ visa card which is accepted everywhere in the UK
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”