NCO Europe Ltd trading as RMA

29 posts Page 2 of 2

e.h

Post by e.h » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:07 pm
Hiya - they never came to my house. Whether they would have done or not I don't know because finally I lost it and begged my IVA company to call them directly and tell them to knock it off phoning me and sending me postcards threatening to visit.

I used to get on average 3 phone calls a day from them and they were really nasty. I understand that these callers are all working on a commission wherein they get a bonus for every amount of money they can get you to cough up. I just found it really stressful and to start with I was having slanging matches with whoever's turn it was to call at that time. They are horrible, they would say things like "You deserve everything you get. How can you be so fraudulent and stupid as to borrow money and then try not paying it back" and stuff like that.

I used to try and tell them my story about how I had only got into this mess due to my ex-husband's (unknown to me at the time) drug addiction etc. etc. but they didn't want to know. I used to give them the spiel about contacting my IP themselves and they just used to fob me off and say that they weren't allowed to talk to third parties etc.

As everyone here has advised, please get in touch with your IP as soon as possible and ask them to contact this company immediately and tell them all the details of your proposed IVA and pending creditors meeting on the 27th. Only few more days to go. Keep the faith!

Liz
x

xxjeni22xx

Post by xxjeni22xx » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:48 pm
Hi I just recieved one of them calling cards today, I was reading through your replies and i was wondering what an IP is. Have you resolved your despuit
Jennifer Gardiner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:12 pm
Hi Jen and welcome to the forum.

An IP is an Insolvency Practitioner, and they help you through your application for an IVA.

Are you actually in an IVA or have you started on the route towards one?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

cfnc

Post by cfnc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:41 am
RMA are debt collectors for many, paypal, amex, mbna ect.

Going on our experience with them do not call them, they are agressive, rude, nasty and will try to bully you into something you can not do.

The card you received is saying that they will telephone you on that particular day, so do not worry about them coming round.

They will not acknowledge any written communication from you as they say they are a phone based company and do not do anything in writing.

Kirsty
Kirsty

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:47 am
Not surprised by that Kirsty, they can't bully so much via letter can they? You can just throw it in the bin. Phone calls are so much easier for them.

Have you noticed as well that, being the polite society that we are, most people find it difficult to just put the phone down on rude, bullying people and end up arguing with them and getting really upset? I am sure they prey on this.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

karenanne23

Post by karenanne23 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:40 am
Hi
mu husband recived these cards from MBNA several times. They send them to make you call them in order to intimidate you into paying them money. MBNA who i beleive are Virgin Cards are in my opinion the worst Creditor. They are fine as long as you agree to pay them back over 10 years but they add lots of intersest and charges at the start of debt management plans. We are considering an IVA and MBNA are our largest creditor so not sure how that will pan out.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:59 am
Good luck with your iva if you decide to go with that. We did and haven't looked back
Bob Marley.

karenanne23

Post by karenanne23 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:16 pm
Thanks for that.
Am just really nervous though that an IVA will not accepted and we will be forced to go bankrupt. We have about 160k debt and 90k equity.Does anyone have any experience of MBNA or Liverpool Victoria as they are our largest creditors and i was advised last year that they can be tricky.

cfnc

Post by cfnc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:21 pm
Think you might need to talk to a profressional who will be able to go through everything.

You may be able to release some equity now as you have quite a bit, or do an IVA for 5 years ant release equity in year 4.

Either way seems you will be paying quite a high dividend so you are in a good position.

Good luck and chat with an IP

Kirsty
Kirsty

Jasmine

Post by Jasmine » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:06 pm
Hi everyone,
I received my first card this morning from NCO. The weird part is, the debt collector that i dealt with through T-Mobile have agreed on the payments and that is the end of it, but from reading all the other posts its obvious they are wanting more money from me. It angers me that they bully and intimidate people like this! I used to receive phone calls all the time from a company called Moorcroft but since agreeing to a reasonable term they have now shut up. But this card is ridiculous and it is now in the bin. They are not getting any more money from me and why try to get another company involved? Its pathetic. Word to the wise, don't fall for someone and give them all your money...Cos this is the reason I am in this mess.. But hey i am a survivor!
Jas xo

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:39 pm
Hi Jasmine. It is possible that NCO have purchased your debt in a large package and do not know that you are already in an arrangement. I would give them a call to see if they are the new owners of the debt and if so tranfer the standing order payments to them.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

stirling

Post by stirling » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 am
Oh boy, how I miss all this. Phone calls,Letters in the post,Post cards,Threats etc etc.
Seriously though, I haven't posted for a while, but always watch this forum because it helped me so much. Anyone receiving threats by mail that someone will call you, This means that they will telephone you. I tried to charge RMA, and I called them asking for payment for me staying in all day taking a day off work and waiting in for them. After much complaining to them, It pays to be firm, they finally told me it meant they were going to telephone.
Some posters on here have had visits but they are very few and far between and generaly live within easy distance of the debt collecting company.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:31 am
On the few occasions that anyone has turned up, most posters say that they are very polite, and usually annoyed withe company who has sent them if people are either in or just before a meeting.
Bob Marley.

Bradley

Post by Bradley » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:21 am
I have had a debt of £1939-00 with Barclays passed onto RMA for a couple of years,always been in contact but RMA are unbelievable,constant calls,broken promises etc etc,I had agreed an amount of £ 430-00 to clear debt in full,wrote them a letter to explain that I need a couple of more weeks to raise the funds,they said they never recieved the letter,and now want £ 550-00,I went on aboput it and have now given me the no no,I then asked them to send me a letter with regard to the new amount they required of 3550-00,but still waiting over 2 weeks ago,what a bunch of muppets,its affecting my credit file and I want to get rid of it,they keep moving the goalposts what can I DO.
29 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for june”