Nearly three years down.............

6 posts Page 1 of 1

grangle

Post by grangle » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:07 pm
and I just can't wait for this to end! I have taken a higher paid job which is very stressful and nearly all the extra income goes to the IVA so I am feeling very down and bitter at the moment [:(]

I know I am more than half way along but its the thought of another two and a bit years of continuing as we are, having no money left at the end of the month, living from month to month with no spare money and watching friends and family buying new things and going on holiday - guess I am in the half way slump but I need something to boost me through this as I feel so trapped at the moment

grangle

Post by grangle » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:09 pm
by the way, anyone else here dealing with Harrington Brooks? They seem ok but just wanted other opinions

Jelly socks

Post by Jelly socks » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:30 pm
Yes same here, I feel more demotivated now than I've done for years. All the time I have money on my mind, because I can't afford to overspend. I just can't wait for it to end, I'm even counting the days.
I just keep reminding myself that once over I really will be able to start over, I think this must be a common thing, I spent ages just relieved that creditors weren't calling and writing all the time, but it seems like now e reality is that I'm stuck on a punishing budget, it would be nice to hear from others and how they coped at this point .
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got: I'm now turning my life around and out of the pit of debt

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:25 pm
One of the thoughts that keep me sane when I see friends with new cars, holidays etc is that they are getting further and further into debt to 'keep up with the Joneses'. Not smug thoughts but a knowing realisation that they haven't caught on to the fact I don't have holidays a new car or pretty much anything else new that I didn't enter my IVA with. When the penny drops for them, they may just be in the same boat but 4 years behind.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

simon1883

Post by simon1883 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:23 am
You need to review your finances. Remember, if you can make savings they are yours. The limits/amounts the your IP gives you are you to live! We have managed to have a holiday this year by simply beating the budget! If they give you £25 for your phone bill, find a £20 deal. do that on 10 bills in each month and thats £50 in your pocket. you can then spend that where you like. Well I do!

Keep your chin up! Ive got another 28 payments to go and its doing my head in!
Last Payment on Jan 5th 2016!

simon1883

Post by simon1883 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:13 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by simon1883

You need to review your finances. Remember, if you can make savings they are yours. The limits/amounts the your IP gives you are you to live! We have managed to have a holiday this year by simply beating the budget! If they give you £25 for your phone bill, find a £20 deal. do that on 10 bills in each month and thats £50 in your pocket. you can then spend that where you like. Well I do!

Keep your chin up! Ive got another 28 payments to go and its doing my head in!
Just had the above point confirmed...... Save away
Last Payment on Jan 5th 2016!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how are you coping?”