need to move home

3 posts Page 1 of 1

kahlan

Post by kahlan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:32 pm
Hi all I'm coming up to my 5th year in my IVA and will have to extend my payments for 12 months as i do not have any equity in my property. (Part of the agreement)

The thing is... I've had some problems with the electrics in my flat - which i'm geting sorted at the moment - although this is flagging up more and more problems. I have just started a secondment at work which means I have to travel 5 hours a day to get there. i really want to move as a) easier for work b) the flat needs so much work I'm not sure if it's worth the expense (I've never wanted to stay here and was planning to move when the IVA has finished.

Do you think it would be possible for me to move in the next year? I would try to rent the place out - but again would have to spend money on it, or could i sell it whilst still in my IVA (problem here being it may be sold at a loss)

please advise as I really don;t think I can stay here any longer. It's in an awful area and everything's falling apart!

What can I do so i don;t have to live here anymore?

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:38 pm
Hi I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your post but do know a professional will be along soon to offer advice. All the best. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 pm
I suspect that a sale of the property is probably the most sensible way forward, but you will need to chat to your IP about this.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”