Neil Morrisey £2.5 million IVA

23 posts Page 1 of 2

hopeful

Post by hopeful » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:33 pm
Hi all
Havent been on for a few days so don't no whether this has been discussed but did anyone see the article in the News of the World about the actor Neil Morrisey refusing to go bankrupt and going into an IVA instead for 2.5 million. He said he felt strongly that he wanted to pay as much back to his creditors as possible and the article stated he had took the " honourable " way of IVA instead of Bankruptcy. Must say it was quite a positive article and can only help people see IVA's as not being a stigma but a valid way to take control of your financial difficulties.Well done Neil Morrissey for not being ashamed to publicly declare how even successful actors can get into trouble- I know i wouldn't be that brave to tell all

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 pm
Hi
I didn't see it but good for him. Like you say it will not do the IVA industry any harm
Regards
Andam Davies

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:05 pm
I saw that and good for him. I wasn't keen on his comment about not wanting to take the easy way out and go BR though!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:18 pm
Nice to see for a change.

Perhaps we could get him to post on here?[:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 pm
We could do with a celebrity or two on here (apart from Melanie of course![:)])
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:50 pm
Good idea!
Bob Marley.

bankbonus

Post by bankbonus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 pm
I guess he will "sing and appear" his way out of debt....as Katona and the late Jacko would have.

Maybe a third instalment of fatal attraction with a 60 year old? Sharon stone was 50
Last edited by bankbonus on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 pm
Hee Hee Jan! I read the article and thought how well he came across. I have actually stayed at his hotel in Laugharne and it is lovely - and just a shame that it has taken so much capital to get going. I hope it all works out for him.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:04 pm
I had a bit of a crush on him when he was in Boon!

Seriously, I hope it all works out for him. It makes a change to read about him trying to do the right thing, as opposed the likes of Kerry Katona.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 pm
I see Iceland have finally given her the boot!
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:06 pm
I am glad. Those photos of her snorting cocaine in the NOTW at home, when she had only picked her kids up two hours earlier from a three week break from seeing their Dad in Ireland, were appalling. Yes - she may need help, but how on earth did she win Mum of the year twice!!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

banjoplayer

Post by banjoplayer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:23 pm
MelanieGiles wrote:

I am glad. Those photos of her snorting cocaine in the NOTW at home, when she had only picked her kids up two hours earlier from a three week break from seeing their Dad in Ireland, were appalling. Yes - she may need help, but how on earth did she win Mum of the year twice!!
Some people have great IP's some people have great press agents [:D]
Dance like no-ones watching

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:51 pm
I love morrisey, I love him, I would marry him tomorrow. I guess people like him who seem to have everything can get into a mess also.

I agree with Skip that it makes BR look like the easy way out when it so isnt.

As for Katona, words fail me, she is slime (and I know its insulting slime). The fowl mouthed thing, Mother? I fail to see the mother in that... I am so sorry, this is being a bit judgemental I guess but I dont think much of that thing, I mean Kerry Katona. If I was going to be born to that I would abort myself.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:45 am
It can happen to the best of us, i'm sure that there are many more celebs in this situation they have just chosen to remain anon. Blimey what i wouldn't give to have a crystal ball and then been able to avoid all this, mind it has made me think twice now about purchasing anything and realising that you don't need your plastic enemy to survive.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:44 am
I had the dubious pleasure of being at Dublin Airport a few years ago at the same time as her - she was catching a flight to Manchester and had her kids with her. What lovely kids they were, but she was so loud!

I was glad her flight wasn't delayed!
Bob Marley.
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “talking about ...”