New bank Account

23 posts Page 2 of 2

Scott72

Post by Scott72 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:41 pm
Hi,

Cashfinder is given to bankruptcy cases so an IVA is no problem at all. As they said when I applied 'everybody gets in trouble its no reason not to be able to have a bank account'

acorn

Post by acorn » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:47 pm
When I applied for HBOS EasyCash basic bank account they only check for id verification e.g electoral register back last year. I had problems applying, but the HBOS was a bit slow...

Flowers2221

Post by Flowers2221 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:03 pm
Hi all, some good news! I've been in an IVA for 2 years now but have recently split up with my husband so needed a bank account of my own. I was pulling my hair out with worrying and tried the new "One Banking" debit mastercard account - WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!! Although they charge a £12.50 monthly fee to "manage" your money, my money was constantly going missing. If I paid for something at Tesco it would deduct the value twice, when I paid certain utility providers the card would be declined but the value would come off my balance, and the nightmare list goes on and on!!!! I finally bit the bullet on Friday and went into an Abbey branch and spoke to them. I explained my situation and initially was offered a basic cash card account where I could only draw money out of the Abbey machine - but hey - any account is better than no account! The gentleman who then served me suggested perhaps to try for the maestro account first and if that was declined then go for the cash card - and would you know it - the maestro account was successful!!! I am now the proud owner of my own bank account thanks to the advice I received via this website! Thanks very much to all!!!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:04 pm
Fantastic news Flowers. Glad the forum was able to help.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:06 pm
That's brilliant Flowers. Good for you. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 am
If members are looking out for a pre-paid VISA debit card it might be a good idea to check out www.clearcash.co.uk.
It claims to be nearly 50% cheaper than any competitor, and will soon be offering a bill payment feature.
It would be great to have feedback on this from any forum member [:)]
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:18 pm
Abbey Instant Plus - you get a visa electron - see my post today about this new account !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

markss

Post by markss » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:58 pm
I have a yorkshire bank easycash account it has a maestro card it is a good account and has all the usual facilities except O/D
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”