New Frugal Friends Community on Facebook

29 posts Page 1 of 2

vpacchiana

Post by vpacchiana » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:51 am
Hi all! [:)]

We know that some of you are already using Facebook to keep in touch with your friends and family, and so we thought it might be useful for you to join a Frugal Friends community on that site.

We'll be posting tips and best practices for living a fulfilling life on the cheap, and we'll be giving away vouchers to people who post a great "frugal tip" onto the page.

It's brand new, so come on over and check it out, and let us know your feedback if you have any.

*Link removed*
Last edited by vpacchiana on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vpacchiana

Post by vpacchiana » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 am
Lesley -- you have a valid point and totally understand not wanting to spread the word about your IVA to your friends on Facebook. The community is more about sharing tips on frugal living and not so much talking about experiences with the IVA process.

We're hoping to draw in people from outside of our community here as well as they might have some good tips and deals for being mindful with money. Would it be useful if we did cross-posting so that you could see what was happening over there without having to join in?

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:45 am
Oh I'm really sorry but I seem to have ruined the thread inadvertently, I posted without thinking and decided to withdraw my post hence now the nonsensical reply, I apologise.

For those who didn't see my reply it went along the lines of;

I have looked at the community but due to none of my FB friends knowing my personal situation I wouldn't feel comfortable joining.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 am
I agree Lesley. A few of my friends know about my situation, but I don't want to broadcast it to those who don't know.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 am
Same here. It is a genuine page as I checked it out, but I think some of my friends would wonder why I was on a page like that.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:29 am
I dont use Facebook and would miss the posts so please dont move.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:34 am
We won't be moving.

This extra is just for people who use FB. I won't be signing up.

I think we get enough money saving tips on here.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:06 pm
Not for me either - even though I love FF.

I'll continue to use this forum for my frugal friends, advice and support.

vpacchiana - will you be directing people from FB to this site for expert advice?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:18 pm
Same here Julie.

We are a nice community here, all in the same position, or help out people in debt.

Be interesting to see if he/she pointed people in our direction. Would not want my details mentioned on FB in that respect though.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:35 pm
I wouldn't want my deatils on FB either Jan. Just thinking, if anyone on there is looking for expert advice, then they could be directed here. Afterall vpacchiana knows about this forum [;)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:41 pm
I can't see it somehow. It doesn't seem to be about debt, more about saving money.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:31 am
When I clicked on the link there was a link to www.iva.co.uk (think or was it .com) it was definitely there which put me off joining that group. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:42 am
Me as well! The last thing I want is people reognising me on here!
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:48 am
If anyone who knows me read enough of my posts on here they could work out who I am, but I really don't want to broadcast the fact I've been in debt all over FB!

That's one of the reasons I've kept my username as Skippy rather than my real name.

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:12 pm
Skippy wrote:

That's one of the reasons I've kept my username as Skippy rather than my real name.
Doh!! I wish I'd thought of that.

Yours insincerely

Andrew Onethousandninehundredandsixtyfour
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014
29 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “money saving tips”